Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,891

0 members and 2,891 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

Exclamation leopard gecko rescue w mbd

just looking for whatever helpful tips, information and advice I can get. I fell in love and rescued this juvenile female leopard gecko from the reptile supershow yesterday. she is mostly affected in her back left leg. I was told the main way to treat this and hopefully correct it would be to feed her calcium. if you know anything else I can do to help her out would love to hear it. She's still pretty tiny, only at most six months old. I've only had her for a day and she hasn't eaten yet , I know it's probably normal because she still needs to settle in. I have her in a 10 gallon with paper towels as substrate, heat lamp 40 watt bulb, hide, shallow water dish, basking spot , all that good stuff. let me know if there's anything I should correct, leopard geckos are not my specialty. I just wanna make her as comfortable as possible

Thanks
    Thanked 9,857 Times in 4,778 Posts
    Never had one but I thought in addition to calcium and vitamin D3 these guys need a UVB light?

Thanks

Re: leopard gecko rescue w mbd

As as my knowledge goes (I was going to own one of these), they don't need a UVB light. However, calcium Is a MUST. Do some research on how to treat them, hopefully someone whose knowledgeable comes In soon.

Thanks
    I've read some stuff about UVB light too. thank you both for your help

Thanks

Re: leopard gecko rescue w mbd

I breed leopard geckos and no uvb is needed and can actually cause eye issues in Leos.

Put calcium without d3 in a clean bottle cap and place it by a food or water bowl. Dust every feeding, week schedule 3 days calcium without d3, 2 days multivitamin, 2 days calcium with d3 and they don't need to be in any certain order. Also offer wax worms as a snack every couple days, they are high in fat so will help put weight on the Leo but don't offer everyday bc they can be addicting. Some people do use wax works as a staple but with how high in fat they are I don't advise it.

The number one food I would recommend is phoenix worms if you buy these then get directly from there website. They actually help reverse mbd bc of how high in calcium they are, if you buy phoenix worms then you only need to dust with a multivitamin 3 days a week. Also don't leave a bottle cap with calcium in cage if you use phoenix worms. The reason you don't want to dust the Phoenix worms with calcium is bc they are already so high in calcium and to much calcium can cause problems. Also get a worm food dish they cant crawl out of. I exclusively feed all my leopard geckos phoenix worms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by chrid16371; 07-11-2016 at 07:53 PM.