Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,855

1 members and 2,854 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    While our Bazyl boy is growing like a weed and changing colors he's also starting to be more grown-up character wise. He's very independent, always trying to run around, but also calm enough to being held for a while (then he's trying to run off so much that my hands looks like typical cat mom hands). I can't take good pics of him recently since he decided that I will not dictate him how he needs to pose!

Dragon Feet on the contrary is a typical sweetheart that will just lie on me until she needs to go to the loo. She's like "you should put each of my feet the way you like because I don't know what you need" and then will stay in that position until I move her to another one. It's definitely easier to take a good pic and no scratches at all

You really can not love how totally different each dragon is.

Bazyl being stubborn on his weird positions:

And Dragon Feet:

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sylphie For This Useful Post:

jbzapanda (11-23-2016)

Thanks
    Time for pics of Basil! <3 I really love her red stripes on chins, it's perfect match for her white&grey colors.

Thanks
    Today was the first sunny day in this month so I decided to do December update pics of our dragons! The pics went fairly well considering that our building is between two others and it's always darker than outside. I really want spring already to take good, outdoor pics of our animals!

Bazyl is being yellower and yellower with each shed. Here he is a little dull as he still needs to shed some parts. It's funny how he looks totally different at each angle and light!
    As always my hands are all scratched as he was trying to run off... I need to star wearing gloves when holding him, since it's not like he's aggressive, he just sits few minutes and then wants to wander about by himself couse he's a big man and I will not tell him what he can and can't do! He's the biggest dragon for now, growing like a weed.

Dragon Feet is the sweetest one as always, she stopped growing as fast recently. We finally teached her that roaches are nothing scary and she will eat them when they are in her bug bowl (if they wander in her cage she will pretend she can't see them).

Basil as always taked her weird pose that makes her super fat... She's a little round but nowhere near as much as on the pics. She's also normally a lot lighter but she doesn't like being held too much and is always darker from the stress. I start to wonder if she may be a bearded&rankin's mix since she grows a little, but is still pretty small for a 6 months old beardie.

Thanks
    I did some update pics of our girls today as it's a nice, sunny day! Still need to take update of our boy too, but since he scratches me a lot I really don't like handling him recently... Any tips what to do with their nails? They have some stone slates in their tanks but it doesn't help too much...

Also I wanted a tegu soo much, but with two new dogs and a pony (we're buying house in the village and the seller can't take the animals with him so they'll stay with us) plus all our animals we really won't have enough money + space to feed such a big lizard... so I guess we'll stay with beardies and maybe some other small lizards. Any tips what other species are as friendly as beardies?

Thanks

Re: New dragon handler

The dragons are looking great!!
    For nails, if he is scratching you up you can use small human nail clippers and trim off the very tip, making sure not to cut the quick (google a pic of what to cut/not cut), or just use a nail file to make them duller.
    I've heard Blue Tongue Skinks are a lot like beardies, but don't personally own one.
    Bearded Dragons: 0.2 Normal (Mufasa), Normal (Norberta)
    Cat: 0.1 Tortoiseshell (Butterscotch)
    Ball Pythons: 0.1 Ghost (Olympia)
    Hermit Crabs 1.1 Purple Pincher (Tyler), Purple Pincher (Londyn Raine)

Thanks

Re: New dragon handler

A little late "January" update on Bazyl! He was in shed, so that's why his monthly update is now moved two weeks later. He's soo more yellow now that I can't really describe how amazed I am. Just look at the pics and see the difference!

And yes, I know that the gloves look kinda funny with beardie, but I have really delicate skin and he has really shaaarp nails, so when he starts to scratch ("I'm a big man, you can't hold me in place!") I end up with soo many stinging marks that I just decided to use gloves. Unfortunately he hates clipping his nails, and the stone slates don't help, so it'll be big bad*ss gloves for now.

Him as a baby:

At around 5 months old:

Today at 9 months old:

Thanks
    I finaly uploaded March pics from the camera!

Here is Basil, normal around 9/10 months old

Orange oddball Dragon Feet, 11 months old

and our big boy Bazyl, orange citrus leatherback, also 11 months old, who is already as big as adult male dragon

0.1 Elaphe schrenckii, 0.1 Python regius, 1.0 Pantherophis guttatus, 2.0 R. ciliatus, 0.1 Pogona vitticeps, 1.0 Mauremys reevesii, 1.1 dogs

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sylphie For This Useful Post:

Reptimom (04-12-2017)

Thanks
    I forgot to do updates on forums, so here are some pics from the last few months. They all slowed with their growing, both females are perfectly healthy and happy, always calmly letting me pet them, while our boy is slooowly starting to calm down too (even if he still scratches me to blood sometimes). Unfortunately our boy due to really rapid growing developed slight underbite, he's now getting lots and lots of calcium and uvb so hopefully it will get back to norm with time.

Pics from April and May:

Basil, normal female:

Dragon Feet, oddball female:

Bazyl, orange citurs leatherback het. hypo male:

Last edited by Sylphie; 07-24-2017 at 11:53 AM.
    0.1 Elaphe schrenckii, 0.1 Python regius, 1.0 Pantherophis guttatus, 2.0 R. ciliatus, 0.1 Pogona vitticeps, 1.0 Mauremys reevesii, 1.1 dogs

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sylphie For This Useful Post:

Reptimom (07-24-2017)

Thanks
    And pics from last month

Basil:

Dragon Feet:

Bazyl:

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sylphie For This Useful Post:

Reptimom (07-24-2017)

Thanks
    I already updated the snakes threads so it's time to post the overdue beardie pictures! Here are the best pictures from the last 5 months:

Basil:

Dragon Feet:

Bazyl:

Last edited by Sylphie; 12-13-2017 at 10:20 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sylphie For This Useful Post:

Reptimom (12-29-2017)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast