Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,918

2 members and 2,916 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

New dragon handler

Since being a child I dreamed about having a snake, and now I'm having a small crew of 18 of them... In the meantime I was also having 3 crested geckos, but that was when I was a total newbie and they were sooo jumpy and easily scared that I finally decided to rehome them for someone who'll appreciate them more. After few years of keeping snakes and talking with breeders and owners of both snakes and lizards/geckos I decided to try keeping reptiles with legs too! Around 3 weeks ago we adopted a crestie, and two days later my husband decided that he wants a beardie. This way we got a 2months old female oddball from citrus&oddball pairing. She's called Dragon Feet, and is growing like a weed!

Week later we went to reptile expo in our town and got a het. hypo citrus orange leatherback male, also 2 months old... that's when I fell in love with them totally and now can't wait to start handling them after acclimating period ends.

I guess that sooner or later we'll get a second female too...

This week I should make some better pics, especially of the Dragon Feet since she shed today and her colors realy popped up!
    Last edited by Sylphie; 06-27-2016 at 11:02 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sylphie For This Useful Post:

Booper (07-24-2017)

Thanks
    Congratulations! Beardies are the best. They are so pretty!
    Reptimom.
    Bearded Dragons: 0.2 Normal (Mufasa), Normal (Norberta)
    Cat: 0.1 Tortoiseshell (Butterscotch)
    Ball Pythons: 0.1 Ghost (Olympia)
    Hermit Crabs 1.1 Purple Pincher (Tyler), Purple Pincher (Londyn Raine)

Thanks

Re: New dragon handler

Love ours. He's outlived his life expectancy even! Just a mellow dude called dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Facebook.com/ToValhallaReptiles
    Instagram.com/ToValhallaReptiles

Thanks
    Thank you! I always thought that they are one of the species that are "more work than fun", but I'm super glad that my husband did not listen to me and just bought them, haha! Thay are really amazing and something different than snakes, reminds me of pet rats, but they live a lot longer!

Thanks
    Some good pics of both of them!

Thanks
    Oh God, they are growing sooo fast! Especially Dragon Feet, I never had a reptile growing as fast as her!

The pics on the left were taken when we bough them (around month ago), on the right were taken today.

(I'm sorry that the first pic is in box, I did not though about doing progress photos at the time...)

After that month I noticed that Dragon Feet is more calm, she's the type that will lay and be petted. I'm not sure if that's because she's more shy and afraid of wandering around, or just more lazy, haha!

Bazyl on the contrary will sit still for a few minutes but then he'll try to jump around to see everything. Again, not sure if he's afraid and tries to hide from me, or more courageous and just likes to see everything around.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sylphie For This Useful Post:

Reptimom (07-07-2016)

Thanks

Aw, love the pics! They do grow fast. My two girls are the same way, one is super laid back and the other is bouncing off the walls, lol!
    Bearded Dragons: 0.2 Normal (Mufasa), Normal (Norberta)
    Cat: 0.1 Tortoiseshell (Butterscotch)
    Ball Pythons: 0.1 Ghost (Olympia)
    Hermit Crabs 1.1 Purple Pincher (Tyler), Purple Pincher (Londyn Raine)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reptimom View Post
    Aw, love the pics! They do grow fast. My two girls are the same way, one is super laid back and the other is bouncing off the walls, lol!
    Hahaha, yeah, my pair is exactly like this. And thank you! In some ways it's sad that they won't be small cute babies for a little longer, but then in a few months I'll have adults that I can play with without worrying that they'll run away easily.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sylphie For This Useful Post:

Reptimom (07-08-2016)

Thanks
    Oh I totally forgot to post updates here too! So, we're now having 3 dragons, Dragon Feet, Bazyl and small female Basil from Czech. They are a lot of fun and every single one of them has their own personality and routines that others do not (For example, Basil is always pooping only in her water bowl, she never once went outside of it, and then she's patiently waiting for me to change it every single day... or Dragon Feet loves to just sit on my lap, but when she needs to go to the loo she'll let me know everytime, the first time I didn't understand what she wanted and when I noticed the tail being lifted and went to put her back in her tank she grabbed onto me as if saying "you didn't want to put me back when I wanted so now you deserve all of it!" and she's totally afraid of any insects others than meal or superworms... or Bazyl is like a super bro hooligan, very independent, hates cuddling, always messing around, trying to eat his bowls instead of what's inside of them and loving his roaches). But, I won't pos all the stories about them as it would take a lot of space and time, so here's a lot of pics for you!

And video with our Bazyl... yeah, he likes to climb on his walls a lot!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sylphie For This Useful Post:

Eavlynn (10-01-2016)

Thanks
    New updates! Both Bazyl and Basil had a big growth spurts in last month, while Dragon Feet is still trying to hibernate and eats less. Unfrotunately it's very dark and cloudy outside recently so all the pics are having that weird "brownish" tint to them... Believe me, they aren't all that brown/orange (both Bazyl and Basil are grey)! I hope there will be a sunny day soon so I could take a more realistic pics. But on the other hand I kind of like that steam-punk style on these.

Bazyl:

Basil:

Dragon Feet:

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sylphie For This Useful Post:

distaff (11-02-2016)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast