Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,372

3 members and 1,369 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Question life enrighment for balls

Sunday there was an article in the New York Times about life enrichments for various animals (pets). Does anyone do anything special for their balls? Today I took my 34 year old out for a crawl on the lawn in the sun. She seemed interested... I will try it again.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gwg For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (06-18-2016),Ashley96 (06-19-2016)

Thanks

Re: life enrighment for balls

[QUOTE=gwg;2449944] I try to get my 38 year old ball outside a few times a month during the warm weather. She seems to enjoy it. I do give her a bath before i put her back in her glass tank. In the winter she gets out a few times a month just to crawl around inside. gg

Thanks

Re: life enrighment for balls

Quote Originally Posted by gwg View Post
    Sunday there was an article in the New York Times about life enrichments for various animals (pets). Does anyone do anything special for their balls? Today I took my 34 year old out for a crawl on the lawn in the sun. She seemed interested... I will try it again.
    I take both of my girls outside once or twice a week to slither around in the grass (I use no chemicals on my lawn). Tonks likes to sit in one place and periscope for a while, take a look around at what's going on. Ana Gwyn usually takes a massive poo then picks a direction and starts scooting away at a blistering speed (for a ball python, lol). I also take them both to my niece's house about once every other week while we do online school, they both like to curl up inside her trapper keeper and nap while she does her schoolwork.

Once I was outside with Ana Gwyn and my landlord came by, he got all huffy that she was going to "get away and end up in a neighbor's house, and I'll call the exterminator and have it killed!" I told him that if she ever manages to "get away" from me, he's welcome to do whatever he wants
    Last edited by OoohShiny; 09-22-2020 at 06:12 PM.

Thanks
    I take my on "walks" - for now I live in an apartment complex where they treat the grass, so he hangs out around my neck while we walk. I also give him new things, different rocks and logs, different textured bedding, and rearrange his stuff on a regular basis. In the fall I have also collected clean fresh dried leaves and put them in his cage after a decontamination period in the deep freezer.

I'm finally getting a house in November, so next summer he will be able to go out on the patio and in the grass for enrichment.
    No cage is too large - nature is the best template - a snoot can't be booped too much