Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,913

1 members and 2,912 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

Rubbermaid vs Sterilite?

Just built a new rack and noticed Sterilite's new containers seem to have an indention in them now that keeps all but the edges off the shelf which concerns me as far as heat transfer goes, just wondering if anyone else has tried these out and had any feedback.

Also does anyone know of anything larger than a 41 qt? I got a rack thats floor space per shelf is 48"x30"x6.5" and was considering making it a boa grow out rack with 1 container per shelf but the biggest I can find is a 41qt and on occasion a 72 qt and they are both substantially smaller than the amount of floor space each shelf has.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    0.1 Platinum Purple Super Sunfire Retic
    1.0 Banana 66% Het Pied
    1.0 GHI
    1.0 Pewter Blast Leopard Spider

Thanks
    Thanked 9,857 Times in 4,778 Posts

Re: Rubbermaid vs Sterilite?

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
    Just built a new rack and noticed Sterilite's new containers seem to have an indention in them now that keeps all but the edges off the shelf which concerns me as far as heat transfer goes, just wondering if anyone else has tried these out and had any feedback.

Also does anyone know of anything larger than a 41 qt? I got a rack thats floor space per shelf is 48"x30"x6.5" and was considering making it a boa grow out rack with 1 container per shelf but the biggest I can find is a 41qt and on occasion a 72 qt and they are both substantially smaller than the amount of floor space each shelf has.
    Hefty 52-quart tub: http://www.lowes.com/pd_128404-62860...ductId=4323739

I just set up a rack with these for young adult boas and I really like them. The tubs are very durable. They also have the indentation like the Sterilite but heat transfers just fine since when the snake lies in the tub over the heat tape, the weight of the snake pushes the tub floor down.

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts
    Its not just the new Sterilites, I have some almost 10 years old that are the same as the new ones....
    No problems with heat either.

Thanks
    Must just be the old 6 qt then that are flat, everything else Ive always used rubbermaid but they are getting damned hard to find in my area now for some reason. I typically use a single length of heat cord underneath and the shelf is routed just deep enough to allow it to be flush with the surface of the shelf so do you think there will still be ample heat exchange? Ive mainly used cord due to the expense and its worked fine with them flat bottoms, trying to avoid the cost of tape if I can continue using cord and it be sufficient lol.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    0.1 Platinum Purple Super Sunfire Retic
    1.0 Banana 66% Het Pied
    1.0 GHI
    1.0 Pewter Blast Leopard Spider