Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,974

2 members and 2,972 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Soon to be new guy

Quote Originally Posted by Fraido View Post
    God I hate myself. -_- Of course I spill half the bottle of antibiotics on the floor. No way I am buying another 60 dollar little bottle of it, so I guess I'll just give it to her as long as I can. UGH. Why must I ruin everything? Sheesh.

The vet said it's only going to keep her "comfortable in the meantime," because things will just get stinky and uncomfortable for her again without the procedure, but she shows no signs of discomfort right now anyways. So even without the full course of antibiotics she should be fine until I can get it done.
    That sucks about the meds. But stuff happens.
    And hopefully the payment thing works out!
    How is your finger doing btw?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
    0.1 2014 Cinnamon BP, 0.0.1 2013 Anery Corn
    "Short cuts make long delays"
    - J.R.R Tolkien

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KaylaEliuk For This Useful Post:

Fraido (07-26-2016)

Thanks

My life is a hotspot for stuff happening... Lol

So far so good with the finger! Looks so good, now. Still some slight swelling at the joint, but I think we're okay! 😀
    Crawling back into the reptile scene once more!

Thanks
    oh my gosh, i just wanted to check posts for a minute before bed... half hour later
    Glad for your finger, sad for your cat. Actually terrified by the cat story, i am always worried about that interaction, although in my case its the snake that would end up being a meal. My one cat really pays the snake no attention, but as soon as my other cat realizes that Irwin is out and about his pupils dilate and i swear he starts drooling.
    I cant believe the size difference between your boa and Chubsy-Ubsy, that thing is huge! I'm glad he's chill (meow-mix preference not withstanding) I'd heard those guys could be quite temperamental.
    keep the pics and updates coming!
    1.0 Central American BI: Irwin
    0.1 Jungle, het snow BI: Gimel
    1.0 green albino, het granite Burm: Dr. Waffles
    1.0 Betta fish: Convertible
    1.1 cats: Tipitina (Tipi) and Professor Longhair (Fess)
    0.1 Egyptian baladi dog: Toasty

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dkatz4 For This Useful Post:

Fraido (07-26-2016)

Thanks

Lol! Sorry😜
    It was certainly a terrifying minute trying to get his mouth off, my God. I had no idea where he had grabbed her, all I could see was snake and cat and I somehow manage to very quickly find the snake's head with my hands and just immediately started to work it off, I couldn't see what I was doing, the cat was freaking out, my mom was freaking out, UGH. It was all so quick, but so terrifying, I'm glad everything turned out as well as it did. Let's not forget the terrible sounds cats make in painful situations along with the teeth ripping out of the skin... *shivers*

I think I have a hard time seeing how big they really are, my boa still seems so small in my eyes, I look at big momma boas and I sort of wonder like, am I underfeeding her somehow?! Is she too small for her age?! I can't possibly imagine the day she's actually got some size/girth. I think that's mostly because of Mr. Phatty, here. I got him and he's just so big around he makes her look like baby!

He is a great guy aside from this recent situation, I love him! I'm still cautious with him, especially when it comes to taking him out of the enclosure, and since I don't have a hook I've used many things in my room to take him out. Lol My most recent tool was a sheet. I do interact with him rather carefully, keeping my hands away from his face, and what-not. I felt those teeth when I was trying to pry him off my kitty, I don't want to feel an actual bite!😋

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fraido For This Useful Post:

dkatz4 (07-26-2016),Snoopyslim (07-26-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopyslim View Post
    OH NO! What happened and are you okay?? I've really enjoyed looking at the pictures of your big phatty boy and I showed my boyfriend last night and he said wow that girl is so tiny for that big snake hope she never gets tagged..... I'm SO sorry he jinxed you!
    HA! I totally missed 99% of that post the first time around, too busy worrying about my finger I guess, but I couldn't help but giggle! How rude of him to half sort of jinx me.. 😜

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fraido For This Useful Post:

Snoopyslim (07-26-2016)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    When people complain that the pricing for these kinds of procedures on pets is ridiculous, remember that they have to go under general anesthesia. That and monitoring, etc, isn't cheap if done correctly. Vets aren't rolling in the dough...

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Crumbs! Just when I thought everyone was doing great...how old is little Nugget? She's very pretty from the pics...part maine coon?? I guess animals get bad teeth too over time. My mom's dog, Bully (jack russell), had to get his teeth done and it was like $1,200.00!! Hope you figure out the finances and Nugget gets the treatment she needs. Maybe you can offer to pay your boyfriend back? Good luck and keep us posted with good news!! You're due for some good karma - sending happy vibes your way <3
    Valentine's Keeper

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Snoopyslim For This Useful Post:

Fraido (07-26-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aahmn View Post
    When people complain that the pricing for these kinds of procedures on pets is ridiculous, remember that they have to go under general anesthesia. That and monitoring, etc, isn't cheap if done correctly. Vets aren't rolling in the dough...
    That may be, but at the very least, all veterinary clinics should have payment plan options.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fraido For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (08-02-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopyslim View Post
    Crumbs! Just when I thought everyone was doing great...how old is little Nugget? She's very pretty from the pics...part maine coon?? I guess animals get bad teeth too over time. My mom's dog, Bully (jack russell), had to get his teeth done and it was like $1,200.00!! Hope you figure out the finances and Nugget gets the treatment she needs. Maybe you can offer to pay your boyfriend back? Good luck and keep us posted with good news!! You're due for some good karma - sending happy vibes your way <3
    She'll be six this September! I've had her since the day she was born, she's my baby. I don't think she has any maine coon in her, but you never know! Her mom was a stray that was hanging around and we took her in, she had a couple litters, Nugget's from her third litter with us I believe.. Our first cat passed away when Nugget was only a few months old and I really wanted to keep her, so we kept two of the kittens. One being Nugget and the other is my mom's current boy, their mom passed a few months ago.

I can't wait to get her dealt with.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Fraido For This Useful Post:

Snoopyslim (07-27-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aahmn View Post
    Yeah but when a vet charges 50-70 dollars canadian for an exam that consists of listening to their heart rate, temp, and a quick look in their mouth ears and eyes... That is rediculous. I am not talking about surgical procedures. I completely understand why my dogs surgery was so expensive.
    But with things like exams and shots, it's bloody highway murder.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
    0.1 2014 Cinnamon BP, 0.0.1 2013 Anery Corn
    "Short cuts make long delays"
    - J.R.R Tolkien

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KaylaEliuk For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (07-27-2016),Fraido (07-26-2016)

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast