Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,915

2 members and 2,913 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Soon to be new guy

I did get looked at, though! I was told not to come back unless it gets "substantially worse." It hasn't worsened since this morning, but I would have expected the swelling to lessen.

I do want to go back in, the little study I was reading concerned me somewhat, since apparently being over a joint or tendon is an especially bad place to get bit, and the tooth went in RIGHT beside the joint in my finger. That and the fact that my hand and finger is still swollen, red and painful.
    Crawling back into the reptile scene once more!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fraido View Post
    I did get looked at, though! I was told not to come back unless it gets "substantially worse." It hasn't worsened since this morning, but I would have expected the swelling to lessen.

I do want to go back in, the little study I was reading concerned me somewhat, since apparently being over a joint or tendon is an especially bad place to get bit, and the tooth went in RIGHT beside the joint in my finger. That and the fact that my hand and finger is still swollen, red and painful.
    That doctor sounds like he was a bit of a... well just substitute in your choice (:

I would say that this is substantially worse. If you can't move the joint, definitely go in. You need your hands for doing human things, so you don't want them permanently damaged!

Even if the doctors get irritated, they aren't the ones that have to deal with the consequences if something goes wrong. So who cares about them. It is YOUR hand and your pain.
    Doctors are often big bullies imo. Make them listen to you.

Let us know what happens/happened!

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
    0.1 2014 Cinnamon BP, 0.0.1 2013 Anery Corn
    "Short cuts make long delays"
    - J.R.R Tolkien

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KaylaEliuk For This Useful Post:

Fraido (07-21-2016)

Thanks

Hopefully Fraido is off getting treated (insert worried face here).

Sent using software and hardware
    0.4 BPs, 0.1 Antaresia, 2.1 Morelia, 0.0.1 Liasis, 1.0 Aspidites, 0.1 Blood, 1.1 Kings, 2.0 Milks, 1.2 Corns, 2.0 Ratsnakes, 0.1 Hognose, 1.0 RTB, 2.1 KSBs, 1.0 Tortoise, 1.0 Skink, 3.0 dogs, 2.1 Human serfs

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prognathodon For This Useful Post:

Fraido (07-21-2016),Snoopyslim (07-21-2016)

Thanks

When I got up this morning the swelling had actually finally gone down a little!

So I have refrained from going in for the time being. Plus my mom is going on about how they're just going to tell me to give the antibiotics time to work, yadda yadda. I'm going to send my Granny the pictures from the last two days and take some more now and get her opinion on it, she is an RN so I trust her opinion! I may or may not be just avoiding going until I really have to, uggh, it's just such an annoying process. I prroommiisseee I'll go in tomorrow for sure! 😣

Had some running around to do today, sorry if I worried anyone. 😮

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fraido For This Useful Post:

Snoopyslim (07-22-2016)

Thanks

Glad to hear the swelling went down! That is a good sign, indeed. Get well soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to EmilyandArlo For This Useful Post:

Fraido (07-21-2016)

Thanks

Yay!

Sent using software and hardware
    0.4 BPs, 0.1 Antaresia, 2.1 Morelia, 0.0.1 Liasis, 1.0 Aspidites, 0.1 Blood, 1.1 Kings, 2.0 Milks, 1.2 Corns, 2.0 Ratsnakes, 0.1 Hognose, 1.0 RTB, 2.1 KSBs, 1.0 Tortoise, 1.0 Skink, 3.0 dogs, 2.1 Human serfs

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Prognathodon For This Useful Post:

Fraido (07-21-2016)

Thanks

Lucky for this guy he didn't even get a scratch during that struggle! Poor Nugget was rabbit kicking like crazy in her panic trying to kick off the snake, I guess our hands made great shields. Lol

I can now confirm 100% that Nugget is perfectly fine after the ordeal, as I expected. I had immediately taken her into the bathroom to wipe her off, I didn't even look to see what kind of damage there was, I think I was a little afraid to? I was worried about her eyes. Thankfully it was clear that only her chin was grabbed, so I inspected the damage, gently lifting her lips to make sure her bottom jaw was positioned properly. She was good! But my God, we went to get her some Aspirin and when we got back the swelling was so bad! She looked like she had an incredibly long chin, and it was clear she was in pain/slight shock. Understandably. My frickin mother who only yelled and screamed at us in my doorway during the whole ordeal wouldn't even let me give it to her, because according to her the short struggle to get the pill down would only put her in more pain and would be pointless. So we didn't end up giving it to her until late that night, but it obviously helped contrary to what my mother thought. I kept her in my room for the night and she ate a whole can of wet food and actually cuddled and purred, which she certainly wouldn't have done earlier in the day. She didn't want to be touched at all.

Now she is back to her usual self, happily going about her days, actually coming to me when I call her. Lol

I can now actually see the outline of my last two knuckles when my hand is relaxed, and I can straighten the finger for the most part, bending it still causes discomfort but that's just because closing my fist compressed the swollen bottom part of my finger. So, as you can see, the joint is still decently swollen, but it appears to be improving!
    Last edited by Fraido; 07-22-2016 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Spelling mistakes

Thanks

I spoke too soon apparently! Went to bed lastnight and Nugget came up to cuddle and GOOD LORD all I could smell was death, so I checked and she's got an infection in her lip from the bite. *sigh* Gonna make an appointment in a couple hours to get her some antibiotics.

Meanwhile, mine are finally working! Swelling has gone down 90% now, pain is mostly gone, I'm getting bettttteerr! Will post pics laree today.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fraido View Post
    I spoke too soon apparently! Went to bed lastnight and Nugget came up to cuddle and GOOD LORD all I could smell was death, so I checked and she's got an infection in her lip from the bite. *sigh* Gonna make an appointment in a couple hours to get her some antibiotics.

Meanwhile, mine are finally working! Swelling has gone down 90% now, pain is mostly gone, I'm getting bettttteerr! Will post pics laree today.
    Oh no! Did you get some meds for her?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
    0.1 2014 Cinnamon BP, 0.0.1 2013 Anery Corn
    "Short cuts make long delays"
    - J.R.R Tolkien

15. The Following User Says Thank You to KaylaEliuk For This Useful Post:

Fraido (07-24-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,492 Times in 2,686 Posts

Sorry I'm late to the party Fraido but I'm really glad you're doing better.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to EL-Ziggy For This Useful Post:

Fraido (07-24-2016)

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast