Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,514

0 members and 2,514 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Soon to be new guy

Awwww what a bunch of cuties! Thanks for sharing <3 Can't wait to hear when her mouth is all fixed up.
    Valentine's Keeper

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snoopyslim For This Useful Post:

Fraido (07-27-2016),KaylaEliuk (07-27-2016)

Thanks

Wanting opinions, my mother has been going crazy, and she is so freaking rude I can barely stand it. I can't stand the "I'm always right" attitude she has 100% of the time, so I want opinions. We live in a little housing complex, supposedly the neighbours had been seen pouring what she suspects is grease and stuff down the storm drains, and apparently our water tastes and smells funny, and so she's constantly yelling at me about it because I don't smell or taste ANYTHING. That's been going on for the last week and a half. She is so crazy about it she is going to the city water people and she is going to get it tested because that is "not right." Her theory is that it must somehow have something to do with the neighbours and their pouring of grease. According to her she can't stand it so much that she can barely stand washing the dishes because she doesn't want her hands in the water.

Now she's screaming at me about how the freezer smells funny and apparently I am stupid and wrong and need to be yelled at because once again I don't smell ANYTHING. I have smelled everything she is freaking out about, nothing. She calls me down to ask what was in a box in the freezer, my boyfriend's rat is in there because he passed away early June and he is pending cremation, so I tell her that and she freaks out about how she doesn't want it in there because according to her he's obviously "contaminating" everything in the fridge and poisoning everybody because now suddenly the bottled water doesn't taste right and it just MUST be him. I have smelled the box, I have tasted the water, NOTHING IS DIFFERENT. I am getting beyond frustrated. She goes as far to imply she's going to freaking die from the apparent "poisoning" that is happening, she tells me she has a doctors appointment next week and that she's going to bring it up to him and she says, "If I f***ing make it that long." JESUS.

She complains about the neighbours having a little compost and putting crap in their gardens because it stinks, she made me go into the backyard earlier today and smell because apparently it smells metallic yet all I could smell was gross poopy grass from the stupid other neighbours which just let their dog crap wherever. Of course she starts yelling at me for not smelling it.

Like, sounds to me like something is wrong with HER nose, smell and taste go together and she's the one having issues with both of those things. In the beginning when she was complaing about the water I could smell a faint metallic smell, but I don't smell anything now. She claims to smell it in the backyard where the hose pipe thing is and even when she showers. UGH. I can't stand being in the wrong all the time somehow just because I can't smell or taste what she is smelling and tasting.

So, there is no way Choo (rat) could be "contaminating" anything, right? It does not make sense, I have other frozen rats in the freezer for the snakes and it doesn't make sense that apparently Choo is causing a problem when the other rats aren't. (I even had her smell the package of frozen rats, and I had both me and my boyfriend smell Choo.)
    What the heck do you guys think of this situation?!

Have a photo of Phatty for suffering through this post
    Crawling back into the reptile scene once more!

Thanks

Go figure after freaking out at me she determines it's just the smell coming from the neighbours actual place which she has been smelling since a week or two ago, and she thinks it's causing her "symptoms".

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fraido View Post
    That may be, but at the very least, all veterinary clinics should have payment plan options.
    Lots of vets take Care Credit now. That is now the payment plan people get - 6 months interest free. Just where I work I know we've had to eat a lot of bills of people that promised to pay back when we did do regular payment plans. There are very high costs associated with running a clinic, and it sucks, but without those things being paid, there's no more service. Vets can't afford to repeatedly eat those costs.

For exams, you pay for the doctor's time and knowledge. Veterinarians by far graduate with the highest debt to income ratio in all medical fields. That education isn't cheap, and neither are the enormous piles of debt they graduate with. They pay the same or more per credit as someone in med school, have to learn multiple species, yet their services are not considered to be worth nearly as much. For comparison, average billing charges for mechanics are close to $100/hr, but you can bet that the mechanics themselves don't make that much and they certainly didn't pay nearly as much for their education.

Businesses cost money to run, and those costs need to be paid. That's just how things work, unless you find a place that takes donations in order to provide low cost care.

Sorry. Did not mean to derail the thread...

Thanks

Wanting opinions, my mother has been going crazy, and she is so freaking rude I can barely stand it. I can't stand the "I'm always right" attitude she has 100% of the time, so I want opinions. We live in a little housing complex, supposedly the neighbours had been seen pouring what she suspects is grease and stuff down the storm drains, and apparently our water tastes and smells funny, and so she's constantly yelling at me about it because I don't smell or taste ANYTHING. That's been going on for the last week and a half. She is so crazy about it she is going to the city water people and she is going to get it tested because that is "not right." Her theory is that it must somehow have something to do with the neighbours and their pouring of grease. According to her she can't stand it so much that she can barely stand washing the dishes because she doesn't want her hands in the water.

Now she's screaming at me about how the freezer smells funny and apparently I am stupid and wrong and need to be yelled at because once again I don't smell ANYTHING. I have smelled everything she is freaking out about, nothing. She calls me down to ask what was in a box in the freezer, my boyfriend's rat is in there because he passed away early June and he is pending cremation, so I tell her that and she freaks out about how she doesn't want it in there because according to her he's obviously "contaminating" everything in the fridge and poisoning everybody because now suddenly the bottled water doesn't taste right and it just MUST be him. I have smelled the box, I have tasted the water, NOTHING IS DIFFERENT. I am getting beyond frustrated. She goes as far to imply she's going to freaking die from the apparent "poisoning" that is happening, she tells me she has a doctors appointment next week and that she's going to bring it up to him and she says, "If I f***ing make it that long." JESUS.

She complains about the neighbours having a little compost and putting crap in their gardens because it stinks, she made me go into the backyard earlier today and smell because apparently it smells metallic yet all I could smell was gross poopy grass from the stupid other neighbours which just let their dog crap wherever. Of course she starts yelling at me for not smelling it.

Like, sounds to me like something is wrong with HER nose, smell and taste go together and she's the one having issues with both of those things. In the beginning when she was complaing about the water I could smell a faint metallic smell, but I don't smell anything now. She claims to smell it in the backyard where the hose pipe thing is and even when she showers. UGH. I can't stand being in the wrong all the time somehow just because I can't smell or taste what she is smelling and tasting.

So, there is no way Choo (rat) could be "contaminating" anything, right? It does not make sense, I have other frozen rats in the freezer for the snakes and it doesn't make sense that apparently Choo is causing a problem when the other rats aren't. (I even had her smell the package of frozen rats, and I had both me and my boyfriend smell Choo.)
    What the heck do you guys think of this situation?!

Have a photo of Phatty for suffering through this post
    Oh my goodness! This sounds like it sucks for you, though I must admit that I laughed while reading it.
    I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but it sounds like she either has an issues with her nose, or she is a little bit dramatic! It could be hormonal as well!

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
    0.1 2014 Cinnamon BP, 0.0.1 2013 Anery Corn
    "Short cuts make long delays"
    - J.R.R Tolkien

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KaylaEliuk For This Useful Post:

Fraido (07-28-2016),Prognathodon (07-28-2016)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

What in the smell is going on with your mom? It does maybe sound like hormones or has she recently quit smoking? I guess it's good that she's blaming the neighbours now! Just go along with it I guess haha some people are incredibly smell sensitive...I cried over a super smelly rotten potatoe once but that was legit disgusting

Heyyy phatty, I am such a fan lol <3
    Valentine's Keeper

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Snoopyslim For This Useful Post:

Fraido (07-28-2016)

Thanks
    I can kiss my normal blood on her head.. face to face. I haven't earned my matrix's trust that much yet.
    Last edited by juggalosnakes; 07-28-2016 at 01:52 AM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juggalosnakes For This Useful Post:

Fraido (07-28-2016),Snoopyslim (07-28-2016)

Thanks

Welcome to my life! Lmao That's just the way she is, everything she says is right, everything I say is wrong. She's always rude, and none of that is ever going to change, sadly. Nothin' hormonal about it!

You know what's even more annoying?! Yelling at me and being rude as all heck and then 30 seconds later talking to me like it's all good! URGH. So she hauls us over to the hospital at 11pm because she's all concerned that it's some toxic chemical that's causing her to be unable to taste and only smell that nasty smell, we were there until three just for the doctor to say exactly what I expected! Nothing he can do because she is otherwise healthy.. he even frickin tested to make sure she wasn't going looney by asking her to tell him her name, the date and where she was. Sheesh -_- Meanwhile she was expecting them to run all these tests, like, YOU'RE FINE WOMAN.

The neighbours are pretty gross when it comes to smells, but whatever she is smelling I do not smell all that often. Good Lord, give me strength!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Fraido For This Useful Post:

Snoopyslim (07-28-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by juggalosnakes View Post
    I can kiss my normal blood on her head.. face to face. I haven't earned my matrix's trust that much yet.
    Not something I think I'll ever try, myself! 😅

Thanks

Welcome to my life! Lmao That's just the way she is, everything she says is right, everything I say is wrong. She's always rude, and none of that is ever going to change, sadly. Nothin' hormonal about it!

You know what's even more annoying?! Yelling at me and being rude as all heck and then 30 seconds later talking to me like it's all good! URGH. So she hauls us over to the hospital at 11pm because she's all concerned that it's some toxic chemical that's causing her to be unable to taste and only smell that nasty smell, we were there until three just for the doctor to say exactly what I expected! Nothing he can do because she is otherwise healthy.. he even frickin tested to make sure she wasn't going looney by asking her to tell him her name, the date and where she was. Sheesh -_- Meanwhile she was expecting them to run all these tests, like, YOU'RE FINE WOMAN.

The neighbours are pretty gross when it comes to smells, but whatever she is smelling I do not smell all that often. Good Lord, give me strength!
    I was thinking her problems with her nose may be hormonal. You know how when a person is pergnant they can smell everything, and a lot of things taste off?
    Notsuggesting that she is pregnant of course! Just thinking that a hormonal imbalance could maybe cause it.
    She should try seeing her GP and calmly talking about her symptoms, but she sounds like she won't listen if you suggest it.

Good grief that must suck.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
    0.1 2014 Cinnamon BP, 0.0.1 2013 Anery Corn
    "Short cuts make long delays"
    - J.R.R Tolkien

16. The Following User Says Thank You to KaylaEliuk For This Useful Post:

Fraido (07-28-2016)

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast