Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,102

0 members and 3,102 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD

Thread: Ribbon Snake

Thanks

Ribbon Snake

So Smulkin and I were at the local petstore on Saturday picking up crickets. Of course, we always have to take a look at the various reptiles for sale, and there, all by itself, was little ribbon snake for $10. Well, I couldn't pass it up, so he/she has become our latest addition. He/She's eaten 4 fish so far (that's right fish - little comets), and it's the funniest thing to watch. His/Her preference for fish has led me to deduce that he/she is the eastern variety, which would make sense with us living where we do. He/She just shed, so I'm hoping to post some pics soon. And obviously I still need to come up with a gender-neutral name for him/her.

Does anyone here keep these or has anyone kept them in the past?

Thanks

Re: Ribbon Snake

I was always seeing and catching those guys when I was a kid. It is interesting to have an snake that eats Minnows, tadpoles, small frogs, and worms (got to see it to believe it ). I have also been told that they will eat crickets or grass hoppers but I am not sure on that one. I almost got one when I was snake shopping but they have such high metabolisms for snake and need to be feed 3 times a week or so. I dont think i could keep up with that. Good luck with the little one

EDIT: I have also been told that they are great at escaping due to their slenderness so look out.
    -Daniel Hill
    Facebook: facebook.com/hillherp/
    Instagram: instagram.com/hillherp/
    Twitter: twitter.com/hillherp