Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,677

0 members and 2,677 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

importing morphs

I was just wondering about the importation of morphs or odd looking ball pythons. I know several of you guys have imported some 'special' ball pythons and I was just trying to get some info on it. For example, Does purchasing a imported hypo,albino etc. cost more than purchasing a captive bred snake? How do you find out about the availability of these snakes?
    -Daniel Hill
    Facebook: facebook.com/hillherp/
    Instagram: instagram.com/hillherp/
    Twitter: twitter.com/hillherp

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Re: importing morphs

With the explosion of ball pythons morphs all over the internet and everyone trying to "cash in", there really aren't great deals on importing ball pythons morphs like there use to be.

These days, you're really better off buying a captive bred morph. The price is just about the same and you'll have soo many fewer problems. The trappers and farmers in Western Africa are business men with internet access and they know what the stuff they have is worth over here.

"New stuff" that is found is grabbed up to the "big guys" in big package deals that run 50K - 150K and up. Sometimes even the "big guys" get burned badly on these deals.

If you're looking to spend a little more than normal on something "odd" in hopes that it may prove to be something new, some of the more reputable people working with large numbers of CH imports might be able to help you out.

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks

So if I would like to get my hands on an ''odd'' ball python, the best thing to do would be to contact a ''big guy'' and see if they have anything that they want to get rid of?

I am just wondering how it all works. I am not really interested in getting an import...I have other ventures I would like to dwell in first
    -Daniel Hill
    Facebook: facebook.com/hillherp/
    Instagram: instagram.com/hillherp/
    Twitter: twitter.com/hillherp

Thanks

daniel, the only morph i've seen as an import lately was a male ghost baby, it was priced the same as a captive bred. try kingsnake.com classifieds and get in touch with all those guys selling 05 babies (farmed) they may have some oddball or unique looking ones but i don't think their genetic traits but you never know.

vaughn
    you can't have just one!