Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 581

1 members and 580 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

The look of evil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Terminal For This Useful Post:

Reinz (05-10-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,484 Times in 2,683 Posts

Re: The look of evil

He might look a bit creepy and sinister now Term but once he puts on his new suit in a few days I betcha he'll be looking GREAT .

4. The Following User Says Thank You to EL-Ziggy For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (05-10-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
    He might look a bit creepy and sinister now Term but once he puts on his new suit in a few days I betcha he'll be looking GREAT .
    That's what I'm thinking and I can't wait.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Funny! I never looked at it that way. To me, my snakes look absolutely miserable.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Reinz For This Useful Post:

Terminal (05-11-2016)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Love it...

Is that a bullsnake? If so, it looks a LOT like the 2015 hatchling I just got from Jason Nelson. Is that where yours came from? In any case, it is very interesting to see what my boy may look like as an adult!

How's its behavior and temperment etc?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to fire-eyes For This Useful Post:

Terminal (05-11-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fire-eyes View Post
    Love it...

Is that a bullsnake? If so, it looks a LOT like the 2015 hatchling I just got from Jason Nelson. Is that where yours came from? In any case, it is very interesting to see what my boy may look like as an adult!

How's its behavior and temperment etc?
    No, I got Ursula from John Hannum but I think Ursula's parents were specimens from Jason Nelson. She is 11 months old and 450g or so. As far as her temperament she does not strike or hiss but is a little flighty while handling. Note that I have not handled her much because I've only had her three weeks or so and she has been in shed the last few days. Her first feed she pulled the rat pup into her hide. Well I wanted a picture so I lifted the hide and at that point she put on quite a remarkable display, hissing loudly and her tail vibrating rapidly. It was quite a show. I think she is going to be a great snake to keep.
    Now, post pictures of your boy...now.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Interesting.

This boy was weighed at just 67 grams at the vet last week. He is no wider than a dime at any width. His name is Powder. I used to have a northern pine snake and I always loved his attitude, playfulness and curiosity. I also have a ball and a boa, however I wanted another Pit.

I've had him for about two weeks. Out of the box he was quite calm. I was surprised how tiny he is. I only got a few hisses, and a lot of tail vibrations. He was fine with me holding him and also with the use of a small hook.

He loves to burrow in the aspen, and in fact, it's very difficult to find him in his temporary 3x3 foot home. His attitude is generally very good, with a lot of tail vibrations, the occasional hiss, and very rarely, the full show with open mouth, tip of the tongue out, and very loud hissing (amazingly loud for his size!). He has not once tried to bite me.

He takes F/T pinkies, though sometimes he needs it to touch his tongue for him to get ramped up and take it. He even took one once while being held. Hilariously, he HATES the tongs I use for presenting. It's probably a size thing. Just having them near him, even with a pinkie, sends him into the full anger display. He'll carry on for a few minutes, suddenly realize there is food, drop the act and eat. This is one seriously fun snake.

The picture is the best one I have so far, however, due to the focal length (200mm on full frame) there is some compression going on which makes him look a lot bigger than he really is. Again, he is no wider than the width of a US dime at any point. Here he's basking in the heated area, which has a heating pad underneath and a heat lamp above. He knew I was there and didn't mind much, which is impressive, as a full size tripod and full size camera + full size flash + large lens were all in use.

He's everything I'd hoped for! Huge kudos to Jason Nelson, what a fantastic animal.

I don't see anything about adding an image or attachment so this will have to do: http://upurs.us/image/70946.jpeg
    Last edited by fire-eyes; 05-11-2016 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Image link didn't work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fire-eyes View Post
    Interesting.

This boy was weighed at just 67 grams at the vet last week. He is no wider than a dime at any width. His name is Powder. I used to have a northern pine snake and I always loved his attitude, playfulness and curiosity. I also have a ball and a boa, however I wanted another Pit.

I've had him for about two weeks. Out of the box he was quite calm. I was surprised how tiny he is. I only got a few hisses, and a lot of tail vibrations. He was fine with me holding him and also with the use of a small hook.

He loves to burrow in the aspen, and in fact, it's very difficult to find him in his temporary 3x3 foot home. His attitude is generally very good, with a lot of tail vibrations, the occasional hiss, and very rarely, the full show with open mouth, tip of the tongue out, and very loud hissing (amazingly loud for his size!). He has not once tried to bite me.

He takes F/T pinkies, though sometimes he needs it to touch his tongue for him to get ramped up and take it. He even took one once while being held. Hilariously, he HATES the tongs I use for presenting. It's probably a size thing. Just having them near him, even with a pinkie, sends him into the full anger display. He'll carry on for a few minutes, suddenly realize there is food, drop the act and eat. This is one seriously fun snake.

The picture is the best one I have so far, however, due to the focal length (200mm on full frame) there is some compression going on which makes him look a lot bigger than he really is. Again, he is no wider than the width of a US dime at any point. Here he's basking in the heated area, which has a heating pad underneath and a heat lamp above. He knew I was there and didn't mind much, which is impressive, as a full size tripod and full size camera + full size flash + large lens were all in use.

He's everything I'd hoped for! Huge kudos to Jason Nelson, what a fantastic animal.

I don't see anything about adding an image or attachment so this will have to do: http://upurs.us/image/70946.jpeg
    Very nice and he does look like Ursula. Here is a picture so you can get a better idea of her size.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Terminal For This Useful Post:

al stotton (05-11-2016)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

It's difficult for me to believe this little guy will ever be that size. But of course I know he'll be bigger still. Some part of me wants him to stay tiny. He's so cute!!

Sounds like our bulls are related!

Alright, trying the image tag thing again. Not clear because he wont. Sit. Still.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to fire-eyes For This Useful Post:

al stotton (05-11-2016)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Oh, also, here he is feeding. He grabbed it off-camera so I dragged him back. Clearly he didn't like that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfjO4zoOKp8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast