Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,312

0 members and 2,312 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Ok, I have read about the dry ice method, and the closest dry ice vendor I found is the same one that carries co2... Also 3 hours away. If you are saying baking soda/vinegar is done by some people, then that IS the answer to my question as citric acid caused the same kind of reaction, but is (at least in theory) cheaper than using vinegar.

Thank you for your response, I do appreciate getting an answer to my actual question.

Thanks
    man whatever all i show you was and idea...because baking soda an vin shouldn't even be considered and dry as as well, now does it work? of course it does its co2, but is the correct way to euthanize an animal? hmm eh i dunno... high concentrations of co2 can cause pain by irritating the eyes and lungs, need to be regulated in low to med concentrations.

Thanks

Re: Trying to find inexpensive CO2 chamber supplies, would this work?

Quote Originally Posted by BeelzeBall. View Post
    man whatever all i show you was and idea...because baking soda an vin shouldn't even be considered and dry as as well, now does it work? of course it does its co2, but is the correct way to euthanize an animal? hmm eh i dunno... high concentrations of co2 can cause pain by irritating the eyes and lungs, need to be regulated in low to med concentrations.
    I... I am not even sure I understand what you just wrote.

First you tell me to buy a very expensive regulator after I stated I can't even find a co2 supplier in my area, and then try and defend yourself by telling me I should buy said regulator from an unknown store that will most likely charge me ridiculous amounts of shipping because I live in a fairly remote area, and now you are trying to say I claimed the method I was asking about is a bad idea?

I really don't know what to say, but please, stop 'contributing' to this thread.

Thanks
    i gave an idea on what to look for something to look for. I did not say buy it. lol but whatever "euthanize" how ever you want...poor things.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BeelzeBall. View Post
    i gave an idea on what to look for something to look for. I did not say buy it. lol but whatever "euthanize" how ever you want...poor things.

Ok, so back up a post or 13. You are aware that I linked to a regulator specifically designed to create CO2 via baking soda and acid right? And my original question was if it produced CO2 in enough quantities to be able to saturate the tank in a timely manner? My biggest concern is if the regulator actually allowed ENOUGH CO2 to enter the gassing chamber, since I am 100% certain it can do very small amounts (this is a fishtank regulator, which means it can go as slow as 1 small bubble of CO2 a second in a tank).

Again, if you aren't going to take the time to actually read, understand, or comprehend what I am asking, stop wasting my time with your near-illiterate responses.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sirrush View Post
    Ok, so back up a post or 13. You are aware that I linked to a regulator specifically designed to create CO2 via baking soda and acid right? And my original question was if it produced CO2 in enough quantities to be able to saturate the tank in a timely manner? My biggest concern is if the regulator actually allowed ENOUGH CO2 to enter the gassing chamber, since I am 100% certain it can do very small amounts (this is a fishtank regulator, which means it can go as slow as 1 small bubble of CO2 a second in a tank).

Again, if you aren't going to take the time to actually read, understand, or comprehend what I am asking, stop wasting my time with your near-illiterate responses.
    yea i saw you posted, and i showed you one to get and "IDEA" on what to look for, it measures how much co2 it lets out. that regulator you linked im sure does put out enough c02 kill the animal sure, is it gonna properly gonna euthanize it I couldn't tell you,but go ahead and guess with a dyi plant system..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12