Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,534

4 members and 1,530 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,529
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    As others have already said, its the buyers who set the price, not the sellers. A seller can list his pied for $600 but if no one buys it, then he is stuck with feeding and taking care of that pied until or if he finds someone who wants to pay his price or he will have to drop the price.

Problem with the ball python market is it is heavily saturated and unless you have something special or you are a well known breeder, you could end sitting on your stock for awhile. Like said, it's all about supply and demand

I personally expect to see the burmese market get a resurgence since they nixed the interstate ban part of the Lacey Act. I've already seen a lot of people looking for burms on FB. I sort of see the same with retics as they come in as many if not more colors and combos than pet rocks, i mean BPs . Then give it about 2 years and we will see a huge offloading of said burms and retics as people that dove head first into it just to be cool and say they own a retic or burm realize they get big and need big cages and big food lol. Heck, Caesar is up to jumbo rats now and he's just over a year old and a super dwarf.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks
    Thanked 9,857 Times in 4,778 Posts

Re: Rare morps and their worth

Quote Originally Posted by cchardwick View Post
    I actually bought a pastel spider pied for half price, the guy bought it and within a month decided he wanted to get out of snakes. He posted it on Morphmarket and said local sales only, good thing it wasn't far from my house. The only problem was that now that he sold it for half price other people immediately followed suit and I saw other pastel spider pieds sell for the same price. In fact soon after that I saw a whole bunch of breeder males and females posted, I imagine that breeders realized the price was tanking and decided to get out of that morph and into something else. That one sale turned the market upside down overnight for that particular morph.
    Which was silly because the price for this particular critter was limited by the seller. There are a lot of buyers who won't touch an animal from someone getting out of snakes, for fear that the seller is doing so b/c there's a disease in the collection and the seller wants to dump his stock before they get sick. There's also little or no chance of follow-up service or of returning the critter if it's not as described. In addition the seller wanted only local sales, which limits the buying pool, and thus the price. The value of animals being sold by people who are planning on staying in the business/hobby and who are willing to ship should not have been affected.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bcr229 For This Useful Post:

PitOnTheProwl (06-25-2017)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123