Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,813

0 members and 2,813 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Pest control and Tarantulas.

So, pest control came for the first time since I moved in. They sprayed down the downstairs bathroom and kitchen and left. According to them, they never spray upstairs unless asked to by the tenant. My reptile room is upstairs, so would it be safe to keep a T up there? My fiancee has been begging for one for several years now and I think she's ready 😆
    2.1 Ball Python(Sterling, Boots, & Eden)
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa(Anakin)
    0.1 Bearded Dragon(Beatrix/Trixie)
    0.1 Kitty Cat(Willow)
    1.0 Chihuahua(Panda-Bear)
    2.0 Betta Fish(Finnley & Pescado)
    0.2 Rats(Mishka & Laney)

Thanks
    As long as you don't use any insect spray in the room (including miticide) you should be okay. When they come in to spray, I would plug under the door with a towel and put a big sign on the door that says "Don't spray here." Just to be safe.
    Malcolm, '12 normal | Alice, '14 Pied | Sebastían, '15 Mojave | Damián, '16 Albino

View My iHerp Page

BPnet Veteran Jabberwocky Dragons's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Pest control and Tarantulas.

It matters what they are spraying. My dubias are kept in an unfinished/partially finished basement and there's a lot of unwelcome inverts. I have an exterminator spray all the common paths that wild bugs like to travel . The poison is only dangerous on contact so my dubia colonies are perfectly safe even being in the same room while the spraying is occurring. Never had even the smallest issue and my exterminator understands how critical it is that they remain safe. Now this also means that no escaped dubia get reintroduced to the colony. The second a loose dubia touches the floor, it's done and isn't fed to the dragons either.

The other option is a bug bomb which is airborne and kills everything. I do not have this done and this is what you need to check.