Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,736

1 members and 2,735 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
    Thanks

Feeding schedule?

Cinnabee female royal, came to me as a 7 month+ weighing 244 grams.

She has always been assist fed and very fussy food wise.

I have had her for about 10 days now, the week before I got her she was assist fed a rat fluff.

I noticed her mooching on 5th so defrosted a rat fluff for her just to see her response. Bit of a head wobble but 30 seconds with the rats heated head dangling I. Front of her and she struck, took and chomped it down! I was naturally ecstatic and figured it may have been the move from a RUB to a small viv that helped?

Anyways, since that feed she has been reallllly responsive, the second she sees movement she is hitting an s shape, following my hand etc so this morning I decided that perhaps the fluff just want enough for her.

Just offered her a rat weaner which is the size I would normally offer given her physical size and she went crazy for it and structure with no hesitation at all and has eaten this too!

Obviously, I don't want to get her gaining weight like a monster and want a healthy routine for her so need your advices on how t best lay a feeding schedule for her given that she is perhaps a little on the small size for her age compared to my other royal?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated please xx

Thanks
    Thanked 5,492 Times in 2,686 Posts

Re: Feeding schedule?

I like the 10-15% of body weight per feeding regiment. I feed my young snakes every 5 days until they turn one, every 7 days for the next year, and every 10-14 days thereafter.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to EL-Ziggy For This Useful Post:

embrit345 (04-09-2016)