Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,578

0 members and 2,578 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    Thanks

Downsview April Reptile Expo...Driving from Hamilton to the show

Who's going?

The gf and I will be there, not sure which car we're gonna take...but we will be there.
    I'm a fish guy with a girlfriend and 2 young boys who live reptiles and fish.

2015 Male Pastel Ball Python 610 grams - Damien (updated 4/24/2016)
    2013 Male Gargoyle Crested Gecko - Ethan

Thanks
    Yeah i'll be there.

Thanks
    I'm holding off on buying a few things from the Local Pet Store because of how close this show is.

I'm wondering if there will actually be any deals there, or if I'll just be stopping at Petsmart on the way home :p

Thanks
    Are these shows worth going to? The last time I went to a downsview park show (1-2 years ago) there wasn't a whole lot there.

Basically I'm wondering if there are more venders going to them now lol hopefully I don't sound too negative.
    Last edited by kxr; 04-13-2016 at 02:06 PM.

Thanks
    This will be my first one.

One thing I don't like is the $10 admission fee per person, the vendors should be paying for renting the hall. That would keep the bad vendors away, but the good ones that know they will make the money back will still show up.

Admission prices reduce the amount of money people are willing to spend. We all have a budget of some kind and a lot of us are going to be throwing 40-50 bucks in the tank to get there and back, plus admission.

I'm going in a bit negative, I think it's going to be a few good breeders and a bunch of pretenders just looking to cash in on a few suckers. The table fees are just too low and opens it up to anybody.

But I'll report back after the show. I'm not expecting much.

Should be a good drive in, there are lots of good hidden gem places to eat up that way too...and you're also a few blocks away from areas that you don't stop for red lights at night :p
    Last edited by Hammertime1977; 04-13-2016 at 03:46 PM. Reason: spooling mistook as usual

Thanks
    At least it's cheaper than the CRBE lol I actually don't mind the admission fee too much but I wish it was cheaper to go, at least to the crbe. I think I'm going to skip downsview park this year because the expos this summer are at bad times for me. I can't wait to go to the crbe though, that shows awesome.

Thanks
    I'm looking forward to it. People have led me to believe the show won't be very good, but I'd like to give it a shot myself.

I do want to look at some of the smaller Boas in person.

Looking forward to seeing what this hobby has to offer. I'm going to buy for sure, just not buying a reptile.

Thanks

Re: Downsview April Reptile Expo...Driving from Hamilton to the show

Yeah, again I'm more so basing this of the crbe because it's been awhile since I've been to downsview park but if you intend to pick up substrate, lights, hides etc. They do tend to be cheaper at expos. If you meant you were looking for an invert/amphibian then good luck to you. Maybe it's just because I'm never really searching for them and just don't notice but I never see too many vendors with them. There's usually at least one or two that seem pretty good though. (again basing that off the crbe which is a bigger show)

Thanks
    Downsview ones are generally a lot smaller and the same people more or less come out. It showcases more of the hobbyist breeders than the CRBE imo. CRBE is huge and that's where everyone, especially the big players, comes out. Another thing about the downsview shows is that there is generally one every month. I personally go because I plan on tabling there next year and it's generally less hectic so you can generally talk to the breeders and what not. Big Al's and Zoo Med tend to come out to the downsview shows too.

As for the amount of vendors, there's always a good amount of vendors but of course you're mainly going to see ball pythons.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Seven-Thirty For This Useful Post:

pariahdog (04-17-2016)

Thanks
    If anybody see's me and you want to, say hi...I'm an annoying jock most of the time, but I'm not that bad.

I'm 6'2 225 well built for my age of 39 and should be wearing Jeans with either a Detroit Red Wings Red T-Shirt or a Black Bruce Lee T-Shirt. My gf will be the one over reacting to the animals trying to draw attention to herself :p She has long brown hair and is 5'8 or so.

I'm Kev (Kevin), or my boxing nickname is "Bomb"...I answer instinctively to both :p

Not sure what car we're taking yet or what time we're headed there, not sure which car we're taking. If it's nice, I might take the WRX out for a rip on the 401.