Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,953

3 members and 2,950 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Infertile egg veins?

A few weeks ago, I posted this forum
    http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...-Fertile-or-no
    I had wanted opinions on a clutch of virgin bull snake eggs. Well it has been a few weeks since they were laid and I am sure none of the eggs have anything inside.
    I'm still incubating them anyway, because why not?
    But I am finding something strange.
    I know the eggs are infertile, but several of them are developing random veins here and there. Some of the veins are dark and thick, unlike the thin little stringy ones that the eggs started with.
    Let me stress by saying they look NOTHING like any fertile egg pictures I have been shown. There is no beautiful Web of veins, but more random ones trailing around little areas of the egg. And while all the fertile eggs are beautiful pink, mine are all yellow with random red veins here and there.

I will find some pictures. I can't seem to post any from my phone and that's a bit frustrating.

So, the thing about it is, I have been watching these dud eggs like a little science experiment. I am 100% sure that one week ago, these veins in 3 of these eggs were NOT there. The eggs themselves still look white and beautiful, but from what I understand that isn't uncommon in colubrid eggs.

My question is; what is causing the sudden vein development? Can anyone explain to me what is scientifically happening? We're the veins perhaps always there and are just showing?
    This is very confusing to me. I just need someone with the smarts to explain what happened haha

Again, I need to stress that I honestly believe 100% that the eggs are empty.

Thanks

Re: Infertile egg veins?

This picture was posted on my other page. This is a photo of one of the eggs at 2 days old.

\
    This is the same egg. this picture was taken just a few days ago.

And I am so, so very sorry for the terrible quality of this next picture. The veins are MUCH deeper IRL. for some reason, shining the light through the egg makes my phone only capture a ball of light. It is VERY difficult to get a picture of what I am looking at. I'm not sure how else to show you

This egg was one that I am 100% sure had no veins to start with. This picture was taken today, 3/29/16
    Last edited by damein; 03-29-2016 at 06:54 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Re: Infertile egg veins?

As long as it isn't rotting I would give it a chance. I've seen some boob eggs that looked terrible that went on to produce viable offspring.
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dr del For This Useful Post:

PitOnTheProwl (03-30-2016)

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts
    Bater is already running......