Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,103

0 members and 3,103 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Looking for a good reliable digital thermometer hydrometer without a cord.

I ordered a AcuRite Thermometer hygrometer like the one with the little house picture on it but a different one. It's got a black case with a grey bezel around the display. It is a huge piece of inaccurate poop. I've been using a lacrosse Wireless weather station to monitor my tub,but I can't use two of those in the same area without having signals getting crossed. I don't want one that needs to have a wire hanging down or probe somewhere. I plan on mounting them to the walls of my cage below the radiant heat panel a little ways down the wall. How accurate and reliable are the ones with the little house icon on them? I just don't want to buy another one that's going to end up in the trash.
    Last edited by Yodawagon; 03-26-2016 at 02:43 PM.

Thanks
    I purchased this from petsmart and like it so far.
    http://www.petsmart.com/reptile/humi...t=pfm%3Dsearch

Thanks
    Any more suggestions?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    i think imma buy one of these made by BeGrit.

4.5 stars rating and $12 on Amazon. i think the changing faces would be helpful.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

Thanks
    What's wrong with the acurite one? Is it just so all over the place temperature wise that it's no help or is it just off by a few degrees?

Thanks

Re: Looking for a good reliable digital thermometer hydrometer without a cord.

Quote Originally Posted by bks2100 View Post
    What's wrong with the acurite one? Is it just so all over the place temperature wise that it's no help or is it just off by a few degrees?
    The one I have, the hummidity is way off. Like its 70% but reads 99. Maybe I have a bad one.

Thanks

I'm having the same problem with my Acurite (humidity constantly reading way too high) and furthermore the display went wacky. AGAIN. The numbers are all cut off and dance around when I move the console. Second time this happened within 2 months of buying them. I'm not buying anything Acurite ever again if I can help it

0.1 Mahogany Ball Python - 'Donuts'

Thanks

[QUOTE=cristacake;2429214]I'm having the same problem with my Acurite (humidity constantly reading way too high) and furthermore the display went wacky. AGAIN. The numbers are all cut off and dance around when I move the console. Second time this happened within 2 months of buying them. I'm not buying anything Acurite ever again if I can help it

[/QUOTE

Well,i guess I won't be buying one of those then.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    You mean http://www.walmart.com/ip/Acu-Rite-I...r-00891/896347? I've been using them for years and they are fairly accurate for me. And Rosey has pooped on it, run it over hundreds of times and buried it in her aspen tons of times. You do realize that the humidity sensing unit is in the main unit, not in the probe. That is just a remote temperature sensor. So you will get different reading especially if its buried half in aspen or right next to a water bowl or pool of snake piss. I generally keep them on the warm side of my cages in the corner as that will be the driest area for my set up. Now I would imagine it is off by a few percent as it is just a $12 unit. If you are looking for something accurate enough for government work, you will be spending a decent penny or just buy a Herpstat 2-6 and use one port for humidity although to me that is one expensive hydrometer. You only need to get close. Anywhere between 50-65% is fine. As long as the snake is shedding in one nice rolled up shed, then you know humidity is good
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    You mean http://www.walmart.com/ip/Acu-Rite-I...r-00891/896347? I've been using them for years and they are fairly accurate for me. And Rosey has pooped on it, run it over hundreds of times and buried it in her aspen tons of times. You do realize that the humidity sensing unit is in the main unit, not in the probe. That is just a remote temperature sensor. So you will get different reading especially if its buried half in aspen or right next to a water bowl or pool of snake piss. I generally keep them on the warm side of my cages in the corner as that will be the driest area for my set up. Now I would imagine it is off by a few percent as it is just a $12 unit. If you are looking for something accurate enough for government work, you will be spending a decent penny or just buy a Herpstat 2-6 and use one port for humidity although to me that is one expensive hydrometer. You only need to get close. Anywhere between 50-65% is fine. As long as the snake is shedding in one nice rolled up shed, then you know humidity is good

It was this one... I guess it does have a house on it.
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/AcuRite-Di...ingMethod=p13n

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast