Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,574

2 members and 1,572 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Thread: Say Cheese!

Thanks

Say Cheese!

Got my first Ball Python 3 weeks ago and finally got around to taking some pics. Just thought I'd share 'em. Enjoy.

0.2.0 Ball Python
    0.1.0 Bearded Dragon

Banned
    Thanks

Re: Say Cheese!

very nice pattern

Thanks

Is that the newly-hatched baby that hasn't fed yet? Has s/he had it's first shed? S/he does have a great pattern, very busy and nice white, but does look severely underweight. I would say after it has eaten a few times, get a fecal sample to the vet and have him/her checked out just to be sure.

If you aren't already, just leave the snake alone for a good week to two weeks, in a quiet, dark place. Has it eaten? Or have you not tried yet? I'd say a rat crawler(about 1.5 weeks old) or a mouse hopper/sm. adult would be a good size to start with. Definately feed them alive to get him eating and get some weight on the little guy/gal. I wouldn't even handle him until he's fed a few times and is in a gaining state of weight.

Good luck to you and the little one. Keep us posted on his progress.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

I have to agree with everything Becky said. He looks underweight to me too. You should never see the spine of a bp (that last pic really shows it).
    -Daniel Hill
    Facebook: facebook.com/hillherp/
    Instagram: instagram.com/hillherp/
    Twitter: twitter.com/hillherp

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SatanicIntention
    Is that the newly-hatched baby that hasn't fed yet? Has s/he had it's first shed? S/he does have a great pattern, very busy and nice white, but does look severely underweight. I would say after it has eaten a few times, get a fecal sample to the vet and have him/her checked out just to be sure.

If you aren't already, just leave the snake alone for a good week to two weeks, in a quiet, dark place. Has it eaten? Or have you not tried yet? I'd say a rat crawler(about 1.5 weeks old) or a mouse hopper/sm. adult would be a good size to start with. Definately feed them alive to get him eating and get some weight on the little guy/gal. I wouldn't even handle him until he's fed a few times and is in a gaining state of weight.

Good luck to you and the little one. Keep us posted on his progress.
    Yep... that's the one that hatched on 4/1. She was getting quite thin... and after several attempts at trying to get her to eat, she just wouldn't take it. So finally last night, I persuaded her a little bit and she took down a pinky.

She went right to her hide box after she ate, and then this morning I found her in her humid hide box... which she stayed in all day. I just got home and she was out and about. She looks much better already. I'll probably try another pinky in 5-7 days, and then finish up the rest I have and after that hopefully she'll have a little more weight on her; maybe bump her up to something a little bigger. Oh, and yeah... definitely a vet check too.
    0.2.0 Ball Python
    0.1.0 Bearded Dragon

Thanks

Oh... and yes she has had her first shed (a day or two after I brought her home... around the 12th I think). Almost a perfect one; eyecaps and all. Just a spot on her head that took a little longer to come off.
    0.2.0 Ball Python
    0.1.0 Bearded Dragon

Thanks

Awesome! Glad she ate for you and had a good shed. It's ok if a little piece of shed is left on, just so it isn't encirling the body. It will come off with the next shed.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

Nice snake.
    Normally I would suggest soaking to get the extra skin off. But with such a young snake, who is really not eating reliably, I would probably advise against doing that.
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks

Pretty BP - and nice shots too.

What kind of camera are you using there?

"I don't FEEL tardy . . ."

Thanks

Thanks! It's a Sony DSC-P9. All settings normal I believe, but I used the macro feature.
    0.2.0 Ball Python
    0.1.0 Bearded Dragon