Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,841

2 members and 2,839 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull

Thread: Trade

Thanks

Trade

I traded this:

for these:

Unforunately, the box the tarantula was in was abused during shipping, and she didnt' make it

The male crested gecko is on top and the female is on bottom. That's at they're most boring "I'm sleeping" color. They've been home for about a day now.
    Check out my gallery! www.schlyne.deviantart.com I am not really active on forums anymore, but I am on facebook.
    Please Click the Dragon eggs/hatchlings!

All of my Dragons can be seen here http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/48959

Thanks
    Thanked 2,322 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Trade

congrats on the cresties! they look nice--what color(s) are they when they get fired up? are you going to breed them?

it's awful that the tarantula didn't make it. what carrier did you use to ship it?
    - Emily

Thanks

I imagine it would be harder to ship T's than geckos and snakes, since they're so fragile. That's really a shame. Congratulations on your new pair, though. They look like they're pretty young, and are they yellow when fired up?
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks

It went USPS express. Gene (the guy I traded with) says it was the best packing job he's ever seen. I packed the box. He also told me that the box looks like it was stuffed between two very heavy boxes and it is crunched on the ends. Her abdomen was caved in and she leaked "blood" all over the paper towels. She also apparently died, fangs out bitten deep in the papers towels. Either she was getting knocked around so much that she dug her fangs in to try and hang on, or she was so distressed she bit down.

I am definately going to try and breed them. The male is 42 grams and the female is 35. He's had them for 9 months to a year, so I think they're old enough to go. We'll see how the first clutch of eggs go. They were housed together, so she could be gravid already. I haven't heard any breeding activity yet, they're still settling in.

I haven't seen them really fire up yet. Neither one of them look very spectacular. The male is redish when he fires up and the female is a pale yellow.
    Check out my gallery! www.schlyne.deviantart.com I am not really active on forums anymore, but I am on facebook.

BPnet Veteran BallPythonBabe448's Avatar
    Thanks

Do cresties recquire and incubator to breed? JW

Wow nice trade! Too bad about the T, though. Did you refund him or something?
    0.1 Bearded Dragon (Reka)

Thanks

no incubator to breed. most people keep pairs at around 75-80 deg. this is fine for breeding. eggs can be keep at the same temps 76-82 deg and hatch fine. my crested "incubator" is a shelf in my herp room usually stays 78-81 deg. no problems.

vaughn
    you can't have just one!

Thanks

Awsome trade... I am terrified of spiders man..lol.. I have one just to keep me kn the edge..lol She has a natural setup with live plants and all that so I dont even have to open the cage except for feeding and whats with a biosuit on and a 15 foot pair of hemostats..lol
    Just a reptile lover!!!!!

Thanks

I offered to pay Gene for the geckos and everything, he wouldn't take it. I think he is trying to work out some thing with USPS. I was going to buy insurance on the package at the time, but i got the impression express insurance was included or something..anyway I got confused and insurance wasn't bought. Gene is still looking into what he can get back from the post office.

Acutally, the male has this reddish tinge like a blush before he colors up all the way. He is acutally a nice chocolate color at night. The Female is just yellow. Without acutally intending to, I ended up with orange and yellow geckos, other than that male.