Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,772

0 members and 2,772 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BPnet Senior Member CloudtheBoa's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 620 Posts
    Homura is yet another snake to go into shed.

In this photo you can actually see the milkiness, she's starting to go out of blue which is why the camera is having a hard time picking it up.

Now onto the special needs boy....

I fed him awhile ago and he actually pooped this time, he's holding his weight steady and gaining more strength. I took him out yesterday and flipped him over and he was able to roll into a tight ball where before the most he'd do is roll over.

He never did shed, which is unusual. In the entire time I've had him he pretty much shed every month on the dot. I never did see him go fully blue, but he was slightly milky for a few days. He looks like normal right now.

He continues to be docile, but aware of his surroundings. He's acting more like when I first got him, where he'd do nothing but ball up when I picked him up. He's still active at night, though, saw him crawling around last night when I came in to check on the temps in the snake room. My new space heater is heating the room really well, even at 18F it was a cozy 80-85F with no cold drafts going through the snake tubs.

Here are recent photos of him, he's looking so bad, it's hard to believe he's maintaining weight now looking at these pictures.

8.3 Boa imperator ('15 sunglow "Nymeria," '11 normal "Cloud," '16 anery motley "Crona," '10 ghost "Howl," '08 jungle "Dominika," '22 RC pastel hypo jungle "Aleister," '22 pastel normal "Gengar," '22 orangasm hypo "Daemon," '22 poss jungle "Jinzo," '22 poss jungle "Calcifer," '22 motley "Guin")
    1.4 Boa imperator; unnamed '22 hbs
    3.3 Plains garter snakes
    1.2 checkered garter snakes (unnamed)

~RIP~
    2.2 Brazilian rainbow boa ('15 Picasso stripe BRBs "Guin" and "Morzan, and '15 hypo "Homura", '14 normal "Sanji")
    1.0 garter snake ('13 albino checkered "Draco")
    1.0 eastern garter ('13 "Demigod)
    0.0.1 ball python ('06 "Bud")

Thanks
    I have no clue what the heck is going on with the pictures in my most recent reply, the first two are only showing the top sliver and the rest are blank. :/ They WERE working. Are they looking weird to anyone else??? I've been noticing in all my threads photos keep randomly disappearing even though I'm not doing anything to change the sources I linked from, but I can't fix any of them since we can't go back and edit.

Anyways, here's some recent photos.

Apparently having just her food bulge laying above ground is the most comfortable position for her.

Some more of Homura. If she looks this good indoors I cannot wait to get her out in the sun again. I woke up today to a summer sunlight and was thrown completely off. It's still not above 60 today, but it looks like it should be! Hopefully by end of next month we'll be warm enough I can take some snakes out.

8.3 Boa imperator ('15 sunglow "Nymeria," '11 normal "Cloud," '16 anery motley "Crona," '10 ghost "Howl," '08 jungle "Dominika," '22 RC pastel hypo jungle "Aleister," '22 pastel normal "Gengar," '22 orangasm hypo "Daemon," '22 poss jungle "Jinzo," '22 poss jungle "Calcifer," '22 motley "Guin")
    3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~
    2.2 Brazilian rainbow boa ('15 Picasso stripe BRBs "Guin" and "Morzan, and '15 hypo "Homura", '14 normal "Sanji")

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CloudtheBoa For This Useful Post:

Reptimom (02-10-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,322 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I can see all of your photos fine--the ones that you just posted and all of your past photos as well. Maybe clear your cache and cookies and see if that helps?
    - Emily

Thanks

Re: Morzan and Homura - BRBs

Quote Originally Posted by mlededee View Post
    I can see all of your photos fine--the ones that you just posted and all of your past photos as well. Maybe clear your cache and cookies and see if that helps?
    Thanks! That helped with the partial image problems in this thread. I regularly clear my information, but apparently I somehow missed the cached pictures last time I cleared everything out.

It didn't help with the 404 images in my other threads (which again, I did not mess with the source images so not sure why they're missing).
    3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Can you send me some links to specific threads where you see missing photos so I can check them out?
    - Emily

Thanks

Can you send me some links to specific threads where you see missing photos so I can check them out?
    Sure! Here's a few. The photos are still showing up just fine in my threads on sSNAKESs, but do not show up in my threads here.

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...poss-het-anery

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...Riverrun/page2

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...57-New-Arrival
    3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Okay, I see what you are talking about now. It looks like all of those photos were uploaded via Tapatalk. I am going to be doing a Tapatalk update in the next few days, so let's see if that fixes it. If not I should be able to manually fix them.
    - Emily

Thanks

Okay, I see what you are talking about now. It looks like all of those photos were uploaded via Tapatalk. I am going to be doing a Tapatalk update in the next few days, so let's see if that fixes it. If not I should be able to manually fix them.
    It might fix some of them, but not all were uploaded with Tapatalk. Most of them appear to be, but the ones on page 1 of Sanji's thread were taken with my Canon PowerShot and probably linked via Photobucket. Regardless, thanks for your help, and the update may help with most of the photos at least, the rest of the photos on the pages I linked were through Tapatalk.
    3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~

Thanks
    As an update, Morzan has lost another 4 grams and I think it may be time to euthanize him.

I've been hoping he'll rebound, but no matter what size mouse I feed him he just doesn't seem to gain anything, and even a single gram heavier than what I feed him and he regurges it half the time.I'm going to try the vet one more time, and then I'm probably going to go ahead and have him euthanized. He's clearly not going to rebound, at least not without serious vet intervention, and he can't keep losing weight.

If I do have him euthanized, I'll have a necropsy done, and maybe that will give me more of an insight into why his condition is so bad.I'm just baffled he gained so much weight from birth with his breeder, he went from 30-something to 55 grams when I got him at 6-8 months old and his current weight is 40 grams. I'm thinking maybe the shipping was just too much for him to handle and made his condition worse, it's the only thing I can think of.

Here are the photos I took of him last night, I want to make sure I have as recent of photos as possible before he passes.

His spine is now clearly prominent, with the skin folding around it. I seriously think is is probably the last we'll see of him.
    Last edited by CloudtheBoa; 03-17-2017 at 02:21 PM.
    3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts
    What a shame. Beautiful animal. Some things are just not meant to be I guess.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast