Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,094

1 members and 3,093 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    BPnet Veteran ballpythonandragon's Avatar
    Thanks

LL reptile Animal sale

Hello I have bought almost all of my lights and heat bulbs off of L L RETILES but never animals but who could turn down a good sale like this, but before i jump on anything i want to know about the animal has anyone bought from them before and is this a good thing or just away to get rid of old animals?
    don't have any reptiles apartment says no.

Thanks

Re: LL reptile Animal sale

i've seen them at shows and they have a good variety of reptiles. i don't think i would recommend buying animals from them though. may depend on the kind of reptile you're buying. a very hardy one like a bearded for example might be ok but a delicate species like a dart frog might not. i prefer to buy animals straight from the breeder.

vaughn
    you can't have just one!

Thanks

LLL?

Midas (white-lipped) is from LLL. AS in most situations I'd encourage folks to buy stuff in person whenever possible instead of buying blind through the mail - but all the animals they had I was interested in they let me handle and examine, including scrubs and white-lipped. He's doing just dandy. I had heard the same sort of demonizing prior so admit I was hesitant at the time - but couldn't pass it up.

"I don't FEEL tardy . . ."

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I personally wouldn't buy from a large company that sold so many species of animals (usually less knowledge about individual animals and species, etc). I think it best to support private breeders - especially if you can handle the animal. I know a few people who have bought animals from them and were pleased, but I know more who have bought from them with problems - usually being sent the wrong animal. Sometimes it was the wrong species totally and other times the right species, but not the individual animal they were sent pictures of, picked out or were told they were getting. Resolution of that problem was difficult as well.
    Ball Python, Bredl's Carpet Python, Kenyan Sand Boa, Saharan Sand Boa
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko