Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,789

2 members and 2,787 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Hmm..... WELLLLLL this is awkward... I came here to say I just got a shipment of medium/small/weaned/fuzzy rats from rodentpro and they all arrived pretty clean and well packaged. Shipping was only $29. Thought it was a good deal and nice feeders. Now ya'll making me feel like I need to burn the bodies and order from somewhere else! Yikes. Well Ill be on the lookout for any shady rats.
    3.12 Ball Pythons
    1.2 Dogs
    .1 Wife

Thanks
    Youre fine. As long as the rats look healthy go ahead and feed them

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 1,596 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Oh come on now. Really?

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    And for those who don't know about rodent pro, they don't produce a lot of what they sell. They have breeders drop ship rodents they've never seen. Their quality is poor because of this. Buy local and support your neighbor.
    Now that actually makes a lot of sense. I keep hearing about people getting urine soaked feeders and I've never had that problem with Rodent Pro, they must drop ship from a supplier that is closer to me and they probably drop ship from a different supplier for others.

I wish I knew their supplier, I'd go to them directly and cut out the middleman.
    Last edited by MarkS; 03-08-2016 at 04:05 PM.
    Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

BPnet Senior Member Lizardlicks's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 657 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DTK View Post
    Hmm..... WELLLLLL this is awkward... I came here to say I just got a shipment of medium/small/weaned/fuzzy rats from rodentpro and they all arrived pretty clean and well packaged. Shipping was only $29. Thought it was a good deal and nice feeders. Now ya'll making me feel like I need to burn the bodies and order from somewhere else! Yikes. Well Ill be on the lookout for any shady rats.
    You're probably good, just be on the look out when you're defrosting for any strange discoloration, textures or funny smells. If in doubt, throw it out!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lizardlicks View Post
    That looks like someone (tyler.beez) copy and pasted that text from the link at the beginning of his post. So we can't really see who said it or see any proof of what they said.

Plus, it sounds like even he has no idea what's happened and he's just making guesses. He tried to find out how the supply chain worked for them and couldn't even get a firm answer whether the multiple facilities were Rodent Pro owned and operated or privately owned/operated. It's like he just has 5 different versions of what Rodent Pro does with no proof or evidence of any of them. One of those versions is that they use lab rats, which JoshSloane has commented on being very unlikely. I wish we could see who originally posted it though, because according to the person that wrote that if you call in or order online you get what they produce but if you're a re seller then you get rodents from other sources (where the problems are occurring according to the original guy).

But none of that post really adds up, it sounds like the result of shoddy quality control from Rodent Pro and a lot of gossip from the community with no evidence either way. I mean he sounds so confident that it's a "silver bullet" issue and he can't just order some rats and test them, but somehow one guy lost "a large chunk of his collection". How is it possible that it's a rare occurrence but it killed most of someone's snakes? I could believe that they supplement their supply with other rodent breeders, and I could believe that some rodents arrive and they stick or are most likely not good anymore because they were thawed out a bit to separate and refrozen. But the likelihood of them sending out the rare rat that will cause regurgitation/diarrhea, color loss, scale loss and possible death just doesn't make sense. He claims that he's seen lots of others report issues like this and also claim that rodent pro was their supplier, but where are these other cases?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bks2100 For This Useful Post:

wolfy-hound (03-10-2016)

Thanks

I got some med and rat pups from here. Package and price was pretty fair
    http://www.northernrodents.com

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    Spikell

0.1 Pastel Firefly - star
    0.1 Axanthic (tsk) - bellis
    1.0 Pastel Pied - skittles
    0.1 GHI Mojave - lagertha

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    I drive to Rodents on the Road. Awesome people and healthy nice rats.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks

Well my shipment from Rodent Pro arrived today. I guess I was one of the lucky ones, the feeders are all clean and plump and still frozen solid. The packaging wasn't as good as Big Cheese, they are not vacuum packed and not well organized other than by size (just counted and tossed in the bag), two of the bags had a hole in them due to the lack of organization (tail poked through one and a claw and foot ruptured the second bag) since it was only two bags and two different sizes it's not that big a deal I'll just use those bags first to reduce the risk of freezer burn. This experience was not a bad one with Rodent Pro, however due to their lack of quality in packaging, along with the many other stories of non clean feeders, this will be my last purchase from them unless I get in an absolute pinch for feeders. I was lucky this time around but I'm not willing to gamble on a $500 order and have to deal with the cons of getting a poor quality 6 month supply of feeders. .......... I hope Big Cheese can get their supply and demand issues under control because, as far as cleanliness, healthy appearance, and packaging ESPECIALLY .... so far they are superior all around in the quality department

10. The Following User Says Thank You to T_Sauer For This Useful Post:

EL-Ziggy (03-17-2016)

Thanks
    When people get bad stuff from rodent pro, does anyone contact them? What do they say? Years ago I ordered from then, and they usually had missing feet and had wood chips stuck to them. Also, their shipping schedule sucks. I love big cheese. Although I called once, and he sounded super stressed. I hope he can get his problems sorted out, his product and pricing is awesome.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I've purchased from RP once before but because they were at the All Ohio Reptile show and I didn't have to pay for the shipping, just tax. I purchased a bag of small pinkies and the packaging wasn't the best since it looks like they just counted out the pinks then threw them in a freezer bag which was a problem after a while with freezer burn. I may consider paying for the shipping from big cheese or perfect prey based on the experiences people have had with RP. I guess it's easier for me at the shows though since I can see the feeders before I buy them. Right now I'm buying large pinkies for the hognoses and hoppers for the ball python. How is the packaging for Big Cheese and Perfect Prey?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast