Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,917

0 members and 2,917 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

Went to the All Ohio Reptile Show today...

this is what I got!!!!

http://ball-pythons.net/gallery/show...c=3&userid=904
    In this pic, he/she is by a quarter.

http://ball-pythons.net/gallery/show...c=3&userid=904

He/she came from Herpetarium Herps out of Bowling Green, Oh. ( http://www.bgsu.edu/departments/biol...pLabIndex.html ) Dr. Eileen Underwood produced this baby. He/she is a sandfire/orange x gold/citrus. Very nice coloring for a 3 week old baby. But eats readily and seems happy in its new home. I cant wait till this little one gets bigger, I think he is gonna be a real looker.

I am a little nervous about caring for such a tiny little baby, never had ANYTHING but puppies this young. But this is our second dragon, Oscar was 6 weeks when we got him, and he is growing very impressive already at 4 months old. For now this baby will remain in a simplistic housing set up with paper towels as substrate. I dont feel comfortable putting a tiny baby like this on sand like I do my other beardie. I think right now this is a wise decision. Any advice from someone who has cared for babies this young that I may not think of
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

BPnet Veteran BallPythonBabe448's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Went to the All Ohio Reptile Show today...

I wouldn't put him on sand at all. But if you are going to I hear you are suposed to wait until they are 10 inches, but I'm not sure as mine have shelfliner.

Anyways, what a QT! SOO tiny! Is he a normal? Nice pics!
    0.1 Bearded Dragon (Reka)

Thanks

Re: Went to the All Ohio Reptile Show today...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanne
    He/she is a sandfire/orange x gold/citrus.

Hehehe. Definately not a normal. Already has lots of color for such a tiny baby.

And after I purchased this baby, a couple behind me asked if I would sell him/her to them. I was like no way- not after all I put up with just to get to this show.....

You ask, what did you put up with to get to the show???

Well, we left at 9:30 Am for Columbus, got stuck on I-71 going south in a major traffic back up b/c the highway patrol had a high speed car chase and a shoot out with thier suspect. They had 9 miles of road closed, and were detouring ppl off 71. We drove south on the road they said and got lost wayyy on the wrong side of Columbus, in places we did not know existed till yesterday. And finally got there only an hour and 15 minutes before the show closed (3:00 closing). And ofcourse, because we figured it would be a straight shot down 71 to the show, we brought no map.... had to get our directional bearing by the sun and shadows on trees......
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"