Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,363

3 members and 3,360 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts

Going back to my childhood

Seeing as I have been out of work since right before thanksgiving........
    My stress level has been a little on the high side and the bad part is I can feel my old temper starting to come back.
    I thought it was something I put way behind me because I don't like myself when I get there.

My wife and I were in Walmart right before christmas standing in line when she thought she made a joke.
    They had the Colorama books up by the register and she said I needed one because of my mood swings.
    I tasted a little blood when I bit my cheek as she put the book in our basket..........
    I will admit it does help me take my mind off of all the bull for a little while.

There is a horse in there that I know is going to get someone hurt if I try to do it

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PitOnTheProwl For This Useful Post:

SamO (01-13-2016)

Thanks
    Since i'm at work, I can't see the pics here... but I know of a few people who have started coloring and doing the "paint by numbers" kinda thing recently. They said the same thing... with all of the stress and technology, it's nice to do some "less brain intensive" stuff like this. I say, good for you!!!
    0.1 BP - Mojave - Lexi
    1.0 Bearded Dragon - Thunder (RIP)
    0.1 Bearded Dragon - Lightning

"Now you know, and knowing is half the battle." - G.I. Joe

Thanks
    When I'm feeling stressed I needlepoint. Its a similar feeling to painting, but I'm all out of paint but have a ton of thread.

Its a much better option for me then getting.... snipy. Its not so much snipy, as sniper actually, but yeah. I'm all for the artsy ways of dealing.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I like those.

Spinning for me. Just put up 50+ yards of Romney sport weight 5-ply yarn. Most people would say 5-ply hand spun is just a waste of time, and most spinners would not do it on a hand spindle. Taken years, but I've become good at it.

Sadly, not always stress free...this morning the arm pin in my 2-yard niddy noddy broke! Hand turned out of fallen oak by a guy on Etsy ($100 tool). Hope he is still on Etsy so I can send it in for a repair.

___
    As a kid, someone gave me a colouring book with scenes out of Shakespeare. Very detailed drawing. I also had a couple of big poster sized ones that would have taken a couple hundred hours to fill in. Makes me wonder if this trend is a revival from a popular past time from the '70's

Thanks
    **perks up*

yarn??? I just did a stash buster afghan... so now I have more room!!! tell us more about this yarn....

I do like to colour too sometimes. I actually got the neighbors kids to come draw with me on my walls before we replaced the paneling. Best day ever!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts

Re: Going back to my childhood

Rob, sometimes we need other outlets in times of difficulty. More than that we need support systems ( wifey). She knows you well bc that artwork looks very valuable. I have a similar aggressive behavior in times of stress and when I was younger I would hit that basketball court. Now I have a bum knee so I hit the gym and get on the stationary bike and try and do 60 minutes of cycling. Hang in there , things always get worse b4 they get better.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.