Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,947

2 members and 2,945 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
    Thanks

Red face Re: Central American Boas

Quote Originally Posted by Kam View Post
    He looked exactly like Irwin. Now I'm jealous.
    Hey Kam, if you ever find yourself in NJ, i'll hook you up with his breeder, i think she still has one or two of his siblings. But seriously, he's been such a joy. I'd seen some comments on line about CAs having attitudes ("Napoleon complex", yeah right, projecting much?) but he was a puppy dog from the first time i held him, and he was in shed at that time. It looks like you had a similar experience with the the one that got away, but dont worry there are plenty of fish in the sea...er..snakes in the jungle.

Lady, wow, thats a lot of leather! Although the initial cost of the snake was a bit high with the tank and the heaters and all that, upkeep has been a bargain compared to my cats! This is how i've been trying to sell my wife on the snake: compared to the cats he is silent, he poops twice a month, he cant scratch the furniture, and he gets all his shedding done in one nice neat little package! Sounds like both your human and reptilian families bring you a great deal of joy, I'm truly happy for you.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dkatz4 For This Useful Post:

Kam (03-29-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,533 Times in 877 Posts

Re: Central American Boas

Quote Originally Posted by dkatz4 View Post
    Hey Kam, if you ever find yourself in NJ, i'll hook you up with his breeder, i think she still has one or two of his siblings. But seriously, he's been such a joy. I'd seen some comments on line about CAs having attitudes ("Napoleon complex", yeah right, projecting much?) but he was a puppy dog from the first time i held him, and he was in shed at that time. It looks like you had a similar experience with the the one that got away, but dont worry there are plenty of fish in the sea...er..snakes in the jungle.

Lady, wow, thats a lot of leather! Although the initial cost of the snake was a bit high with the tank and the heaters and all that, upkeep has been a bargain compared to my cats! This is how i've been trying to sell my wife on the snake: compared to the cats he is silent, he poops twice a month, he cant scratch the furniture, and he gets all his shedding done in one nice neat little package! Sounds like both your human and reptilian families bring you a great deal of joy, I'm truly happy for you.
    Love your rationale

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kam For This Useful Post:

dkatz4 (03-29-2016)

Thanks

I'm starting to get an itch for a boa again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Go for it kam. Of course get every thing in order first and share pics if you do get a new buddy.

Since you bumped the thread i'll repost this from page 5. For anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by EDR View Post
    Sup kam just thought i'd share some pics for you. Also i've been lurking this site for some time and i'm aware of how you lost your previous collection in a fire sorry to hear that. It seems your interested in something smaller which is fine but you don't see a lot of Columbian red tails so i'd like to share some pics of my 17 year old red tail and his little brother. And nice pics lady he looks like a real cutie. (PLEASE NOTE THIS PIC MAKES HIM SEEM HUGE)
    After seeing the above pic i felt maybe i should stretch his feeding schedule a bit. This is him Christmas '14.
    This is him Christmas '15 with the stretched schedule. This pic gives a better idea of his true size and not the super huge feel of the first one.

And below is his little bro my albino red tail.

Last edited by EDR; 09-18-2017 at 03:26 AM.
    0.1 : Albino Clown - GHI Pastave - Killer Bee Fader - Sugar Bee - Pastel het pied - Lemon Blast het puzzle

1.0 : Banana - Mystic Potion 66% pos het pied - Pastel Lesser het puzzle - Super Pastel 66% pos het puzzle

1.0 2012 Albino Red Tail

7. The Following User Says Thank You to EDR For This Useful Post:

Kam (12-12-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EDR View Post
    Go for it kam. Of course get every thing in order first and share pics if you do get a new buddy.

Since you bumped the thread i'll repost this from page 5. For anyone who hasn't seen it yet.
    Still love your scaly babies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789