Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,921

2 members and 2,919 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Maintaining humidity.

Hi guys, I'm a first time owner and had planned on setting up all of my stuff before getting my snake but I came across an add on kijiji for a snake for $100 tank and all. Kind of perk my interest as I know snakes and tanks and all that go with them can be pretty expensive. I took a look at the ball and it was living in deplorable conditions ie bedding hadn't been changed in months, past sheds still lat ing around in the tank. Needless to say I felt I needed to rehome this snake asap. I got her squared away with fresh bedding and a bottom heater and a new hid which was more her size and basically improved her living conditions greatly. So basically my question involves humidity. I have a wire top and have been fighting to keep the humidity in the right range. Right now I have a bunch of wet paper towel on top and do my best to keep it moist which seems to work untill I leave for a bunch of hours and it dries up. I'm a little nervous cause she is in shed and I want to make this one nice and easy for her. Can anyone recommend anything. Thanks and sorry for the lengthy post.

Thanks

Re: Maintaining humidity.

Switch to a tub system. Go to the search box on the top right corner of the forums and search "Tub DYI"

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    You can make a damp hide with damp spagnum moss, and a tupperware type container with a hole cut in it. Alternatively, put some foil or plastic over the damp towel that rests on the screen. This can work TOO well, however. I've had the tank fog up before. Be sure leave some surface for ventilation.

Thanks

Re: Maintaining humidity.

Regular towels work better as far as retaining moisture. Find something more solid like plastic to cover the screen top. Then you just need to mist a few times a day. You can also get an ultrasonic humidifier and place it next to your tank.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk