Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,231

1 members and 3,230 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks
    Ok i am posting this because someone i know just got a baby corn snake and i don't think she is doing things right, but i don't really know anything abou them so ill run this by you guys.

First off she does not have any temp/humidity readings in the tank, she told me that since corn snakes are from new jersey they can just be at room temp and its no problem. secondly the snake is not fatter around then the size of my pinkie(finger not the mice lol) and she is trying to feed it pinkies(this time the mice ) and wondering why it isn;t eating. My question is do they need any special tank requirments like my ball python would or can you just throw them in a tank and not worry. As for feeding them, taking into consideration that she is no wider then a pinkie, do you really think feeding her/him pinkies is going to work.

Thanks
    When did your friend get this corn snake?She needs a thermometer,Jersey or not.
    - The Member Formerly Known as Bpkid

Thanks
    A baby cornsnake can eat pinky mice, and it should have some type of thermometer and a heating pad or lamp.. I've read that they don't have to have as strict temperatures as snakes like BPs, but it still needs to have heat. I believe that cornsnakes are comfortable around 85 degrees..
    -Ed

0.1 Ball Python - Isis
    3.2 Cats - Mac, Prince, Speedy, Scoot, Picky
    0.1 Dog - Maisy

Banned
    Thanks
    i was just thinkin this wut, if the snake is native to the area would it still need all of the requirements? in summer we catch hognoses, black racers, and corn snakes for fun and look at them but dont keep them.

Thanks
    im guessing the snakes still go basking in the sun when needed. theres no sun to bask in inside.

Thanks
    Yes, a native snake would probably need a heat source. They can't go find a warm place if they're in a tank, and people have air conditioning which brings the temperature down, so they'd need some heat..
    -Ed

0.1 Ball Python - Isis
    3.2 Cats - Mac, Prince, Speedy, Scoot, Picky
    0.1 Dog - Maisy

Thanks
    Corns absolutely need a regulated heat source. Low to mid eighties on the warm side, and about 10 degrees cooler on the cool side.

Thanks
    Thanks for the information guys, i knew that she was under the wrong impression of how to care for the snake, i just didn't want to tell her she is wrong and get her all pissy at me hehe. Once again the mistake of listening to a pet store person, she was saying how the guys said they don't need any heat source and can pretty much just stay in the temp of the house. I will tell her to pick up a heat pad and a temp gauge.
    0.1.0 BP { NyXx }