Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,158

1 members and 1,157 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Thread: Sammy

Thanks

what does an adult blood eat???

:x My cousin has a bearded dragon,His name is sammy.She doesnt feed him right the only thing she feeds is romain lettuce and he gets 12 a week.She never changes his water,it evaporates and then he pees in his water dish and is stuck with pi$$y water.When she changes his tank she just scoops the bedding out and lays more down.She dont clean it right.When she first got him he was the sweetest little thing,now hes mean he always bites her because hes not socialized because she never takes him out and plays with him anymore.She leaves him for week-ends at a time with no food,and leaves his day light on all week-end.I keep telling her that she needs to start taking better care of him but she dont listen.She has him in a little tank,im not sure what size but hes to big for it,he cant run in it at all.His color doesnt look right like all the other beardies ive seen,and his skin is nasty and kinda loose not tight at all.Shes never given him a bath to hydrate him.I gave her my old large water dish i had so hed have a actual water dish and she took it out and said he was scared out it.The water dish she uses now is not big at all.There is nothing in his cage but the water dish and bedding.ohhh what a load of fun to sit in a cage lonely all the time.She neglects him and it makes me so mad that she could be so ignorant and carefree.I have two choices either to keep telling her to take better care of him,or to get rid of him to someone who will take care of him.1 she dont listen to a thing she dont care,2 i feel bad about taking him.If it were you what would you do???

thank you for your time!!!!!!!

Thanks
    (12 a week) crickets

Banned
    Thanks
    I would take it out of there and give it to someone who can take care of it!

Thanks
    The last thing I would suspect in this situation is that your cousin would resist you taking the poor thing off her hands. THe reason she is neglected it so much must be becasue she simply has lost interest in it. You should jsut take it and get it back to a somehwat helathy conditon, and then hopefully find a good home for it. I mean, your cousin sounds like she is relativley young if she doesn't have the maturity level to do the right thing, if this is the case, can you maybe let her parentes know that she is freakin killing th thing?

Thanks
    My cousin lives with me and shes 20.Shes never takin him to the vet,and i take my animals all the time just to be check on.Is feeding just lettuce bad?i read that it was but dont want to sound like an idiot when i tell her.I feel bad he didnt do anything to deserve this.I tried to explain it to her,but she thinks she knows everything and then she asks her boyfriend and he tell hers diffrent from what ive told her.So it just seems like i have no chioce but to find him a new home.