Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,849

0 members and 2,849 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Rest in Spaghetti, Never Forgetti

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty33 View Post
    This right here 100%. Not sure how old the two of you are but you both need to resolve your issues ALOT better and be ALOT more responsible before getting any new animals.
    My step brother is 35, and I am 13.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AntTheDestroyer View Post
    Honestly your brother sounds like he has some issues and needs some professional help. What he did to that poor animal is disgusting and hope he is punished for his actions. By using his spider as a prank he put it in danger. Even though your actions ended killing an innocent being sometimes our defensive reactions can not be helped. I think you should work on your fear of spiders as it will make you a stronger person. I don't agree with the others that you are not mature enough for a pet based solely on this situation, but as long as your brother has access to your animals it may be best to resist having them.
    I have to say I agree with this. Fear based responses sometimes cannot be controlled and you mentioned that you did tell him not to bring the tarantula around you. What he did to your ball python was horrible and unforgivable. He was the one that clearly should not have pets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gaitedappy For This Useful Post:

se7en (01-09-2016)

Thanks

Wow. He is way older and has done what!? That is not right and definitely not humane at all. Not one bit. This is solely on him and he needs to be punished by the law. What he did is something no ADULT should ever do!

I am sorry for your loss and furious that this had happened. I do not agree that this in any way was your fault. HE endangered his animal by putting it at risk and should've thought about the consequences before playing such a stupid prank. Again I am very very sorry for your loss.

Sent from my SGH-T399N using Tapatalk
    0.0.1 Amel Cornsnake (Solis)
    1.0 Sterling Ball Python (Alduin Jörmungandr)
    1.0 Fiance

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MysticMoon001 For This Useful Post:

Herpo (01-05-2016),lorrainesmom (12-14-2015),Marzipan (07-31-2017),Monty44 (04-09-2017),Trisnake (08-24-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts
    That is one dangerous immature 35 yr old. I'd stay away from him.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Reinz For This Useful Post:

Trisnake (08-24-2017)

Thanks
    Im going to try to press charges.

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JTA For This Useful Post:

abiwankenobi (07-22-2018),AmericanTacos (01-03-2018),Bluebonnet Herp (12-23-2015),lorrainesmom (12-14-2015),Maddlesrain (12-11-2016),Monty44 (04-09-2017),se7en (01-09-2016),Trisnake (08-24-2017)

Thanks
    That is an inexcusable instance of animal cruelty, and from my understanding, Sociopathy as well.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Caspian For This Useful Post:

se7en (01-09-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Caspian View Post
    That is an inexcusable instance of animal cruelty, and from my understanding, Sociopathy as well.
    Even if he is a Sociopath, that still isn't an excuse. I'm going to press charges for the amount of $1,000 for the average price of a Lesser Albino Pied.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JTA View Post
    Even if he is a Sociopath, that still isn't an excuse. I'm going to press charges for the amount of $1,000 for the average price of a Lesser Albino Pied.
    Not the way it works you can try to press charges it may go somewhere it may not, animal cruelty charges can carry up to $1000 in fine and up to 2 years in jail.

This section constitutes the Pennsylvania anti-cruelty provisions. The section distinguishes between misdemeanor and felony cruelty and the type of animal involved. Misdemeanor cruelty (a fine of $500) occurs when a person kills, maims or disfigures any domestic animal of another person, administers or exposes a domestic animal to poison, or interferes with a guide or service animal. A person commits a felony of the third degree if he or she willfully and maliciously kills, maims or disfigures any zoo animal in captivity or intentionally administers poison to such. Any person convicted of violating the provisions of this paragraph shall be sentenced to pay a fine of not less than $1,000 or to imprisonment for not more than two years, or both, and the court may also order a presentence mental evaluation. A subsequent conviction under this paragraph shall be a felony of the third degree. Also included in these provisions is the Horse Transport Law , which prohibits the transporting of horses stacked on top of each other. Exclusions under the act include the killing of animals found to be destroying domestic animals, the hunting of game animals, the killing of dogs declared nuisances, and pest control.
    A civil ligation is something completely different and cost MONEY first you would need to find lawyer that will accept your case which will not happen and if it did the lawyer’s fees would cost you more than the amount you are suing for.
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks

That being the case this is all on him and sounds like he has some major issues. VERY sorry this had to happen to you and your snake. I'd try and avoid your step brother as at 35 years old it sounds like he has some serious problems.

Thanks

Can I ask where your parents are in this situation? Being that you're a minor one of them should contact the authorities and have charges brought against this immature, cruel 35 year old step-brother. He should not be allowed in your house at all.

First get charges placed against him then take a copy of the police report and have one of your parents file a case against him in small claims court for the cost of the animal. Maybe if he has to face a judge and explain his actions he might think twice about it.

I know if someone in my family had done this I wouldn't hesitate to do everything I could to get justice for the poor defenseless animal he killed. There is something seriously wrong with a person when they can commit an act such as this. I don't feel sorry for him or his spider because he intentionally placed the animal in a position to get hurt especially knowing your fear of spiders. Like someone else posted; we can't control our initial reaction to something we fear.

What he did to your snake was not done out of fear; it was done out of pure cruelty and evil. It's beyond me how anyone can bring harm to any animal.
    1.0 Trick Pinstripe (Loki)
    0.1 Firefly Axanthic (Oreo)
    1.0 VPI Black Satin Black Pastel (Sneaky)
    1.0 Pied (Spot)
    0.1 Normal (Fatty)
    0.1 Bumblebee (Bumble)
    1.0 Pastel Genetic Stripe. (Ozzy)

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stormy For This Useful Post:

Bluebonnet Herp (12-23-2015),lorrainesmom (12-14-2015),Marzipan (07-31-2017),Monty44 (04-09-2017)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast