Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,928

0 members and 2,928 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks
    1.0 BP Butter-Calico-Pastel "Donald" 818g Hatched July 2014
    1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa "Hamilton" 45g Born Aug 2016

Thanks

Be responsible

You should act with your brain instead of with your heart. Both of you need to be way more mature don't you think? I only feel sorry for the snake who had NOTHING to do with your actions.

Thanks

Re: Rest in Spaghetti, Never Forgetti

I'm wondering if no one feels bad for the tarantula, too.
    It wasn't its fault it was being used for an immature weirdos ill pranks.

Edit: Oh my God, I thought this was a new post.
    It's ancient.
    Sorry.
    Last edited by PK-Mar; 04-09-2017 at 04:08 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PK-Mar For This Useful Post:

se7en (04-09-2017)

Thanks

Post Re: Rest in Spaghetti, Never Forgetti

I am sorry to hear about your snake, that was very cruel of him to do and very unnecessary to do to it. I understand why he would be upset, but he did play the prank on you and I know what its like to be scared by something unexpected and do something you didn't actually mean to do. I am terrified of spiders as well, a good spider is a spider that's not touching me and not in my sights. I wont kill them unless I have to but they got their space and I've got mine. I do hope that you can find a snake that you can bond with although it will take time to get over the loss of this one. I do wish you the best of luck!

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JTA View Post
    Today, my 2 year old female Ball Python was brutally murdered by my step brother. I told him to never bring his tarantula to my house, but he did. He tryed to play a prank on me, and he put it on my bed. I got scare and smashed the tarantula with a book. After I did that, he took my ball python (Spaghetti) and he ran boiling water over her face, and she died. I'm literally crying on my keyboard right now..

Ok, so forgive me for being late to the party as the saying goes...

SERIOUSLY?!?!?! Who does that to ANY animal?!?!?!?!? These instances make me want to scour the Earth looking to find these people and take vigilante justice into my own hands. An eye for an eye!!!!
    Last edited by Craiga 01453; 07-31-2017 at 06:29 AM.

Thanks
    I'd pour boiling water on him, tbh. But I have quite the temper, especially when it comes to my animals.

Im so sorry to hear this, no matter how old the post is. He'll get what's coming.
    Last edited by Trisnake; 08-24-2017 at 02:46 PM.

Thanks

I had a lot of trouble reading this

Thanks

Sorry for your loss. That BP must have been very valuable to you. IMO, this entire thing is your brother's fault. He knew the risks when he put the tarantula on your bed OP, so it was 100% his fault that you killed his tarantula. I mean, as your step brother, he must at least know that you're scared of spiders. Also, he poured BOILING WATER over your BP's head? That's simply cruel. Hope your BP goes to a happier place, OP.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tonald Drump For This Useful Post:

omglolchrisss (11-25-2017)

Thanks
    Wow I can't believe what I just read if someone did that to my snake they would end up going to the hospital looking like beetlejuice because they would get a pot of boiling water in their face and I would be going to jail! Also shame on the people saying she's immature fear makes you react without thinking also he was forewarned not to bring the tarantula anywhere near her! I would have probably done the same thing!! Her brother belongs in a psych ward that is NOT normal!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by John1982 View Post
    Takes controlled thought to pick up an object and use it as a tool to smash something. I agree the snake boiling is the worse offense - due to the situation and means of dispatching, I'm not putting less value on the life of an invert per se - but smashing something with a book isn't an uncontrolled, fearful, reaction. If he had smashed the tarantula with his hand then I could probably buy into the fearful, uncontrolled, reaction. I think he acted rashly in the heat of the moment but could just have easily walked away. Heck, walking(or rather, running) away would have been the easier choice if he was truly afraid.
    I have to disagree. Especially if he happened to be reading or near a book when this happened. I've seen a lot of people who are afraid of spiders have a first reaction to kill it, aka get rid of the threat. It wasn't a calculated decision, they screamed and smacked it with something, or stomped on it if it was on the ground. His step brother knew he was afraid of spiders and still put it in harm's way by "playing a prank" on him. Fight or flight is real, and while some people's first reaction would be to run away, someone might just as easily "fight" and neutralize the threat.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast