Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,294

1 members and 3,293 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

A little Morph help

Yes, it's one of those threads... Sorry -_-

So you might have seen my thread posted last week about my normal gal, Gaia http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...etween-Normals

She's a very light normal, my first ball python with no background information on her. However, she did not start out so light. The color change lately has gotten very noticeable and I posted about it with her compared to a few other normals in my collection. I suppose I did not notice how striking the contrast was until I saw it against another BP. A post on the thread mentioned she might be Vanilla. I have very little experience with the vanilla gene, having only seen it once in person (hatchling). I have also seen subadult sized fires, as well as hatchlings. The look was not quite the same, but again I have no experience with the that gene in my collection either. So I have nothing to really compare to. I am now rather regretting the vanilla hatchling I passed up a few months ago!

She is currently sitting right at 1000g. Clear belly with somewhat het pied type markers. Every shed she gets lighter and brighter. Last shed was right about 3 weeks ago.

She's labeled as a normal in the collection and will be unless proven otherwise, but since it was mentioned I can't get it out of my head. I've been staring at all the vanilla pictures I can find. Personally I'm on the fence.

So here I am to ask you all if the idea is off its rocker or not? Vanilla maybe or no?

What say you?!?

The day she was brought home, terrible lighting and I think a flash

A few weeks later (I have very few shots of her as a hatchling)

Spring of this year, about a year old

A belly shot from near the same time

And last week.

- The Grove Reptiles

Thanks

Re: A little Morph help

Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
    - The Grove Reptiles

Thanks

I am leaning toward normal. I am excited to hear other peoples opinions though.

BPnet Senior Member Solarsoldier001's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 785 Posts

She almost looks like she is glowing to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Boys:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pewter - Dexter | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Butters | Super Fire - Mr. Buttons | Mystic - Charming | Banana Enchi Woma - Gizmo |
    Girls:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pinstripe - Honey | Mojave - Maya | Lesser - Pepper | Calico 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Jewel | Normal 100% Het Pied - Hinata | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Aurora | Spider 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Betsy | Blue Eye Leustic 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Snowflake | Spinner Blast - Jasmin | Butterbee - Ariel | Hypo Butter - Penelope |

Thanks

1000g and never been paired. This has also been a pretty slow progression. Almost 2 years worth of lightening up.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
    - The Grove Reptiles