Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,247

1 members and 3,246 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Ads on your site?

I've got the ability to integrate google adsense to my website for no extra cost to me, and it might generate a couple bucks here and there to offset the site/blog/store/email etc. costs. I'm hesitant to add much, if any ads to my site, I know it will really remove from the cleanliness of the site and may well bother some people who would otherwise be really happy poking around on my site/store/blog. I definitely don't want to turn anyone off to my site, but offsetting those costs would be fantastic.

Thoughts?
    1.0 Josiah - Super Pastel het SK Axanthic
    0.1 Abigail - Spider het SK Axanthic
    1.0 Moqui - Pug - Rescued from a Meth lab
    1.0 Winston - Min-Pin, Chihuahua, Dachshund mix, rescue
    1.0 Buddha - Gray Tabby - baby of a neighborhood stray we took in
    1.0 Precious(like the ring) - Siamese - Sister to above

Thanks
    If you are using your website as your professional 'retail store', I would recommend against running ads on the website. In my opinion it isn't professional for a retail website to run ads from other parties.

For example: My "retail store" for my hobby reptile business is www.hillherp.com. The only items that will be advertised and sold at that location are things that my business is selling. Why would I want to risk another breeder's or pet store's ad running on my site....or some random advertisement that has nothing to do with reptiles?

Now if you are running a content driven website with no direct product sales (i.e. forum, informational website), then I see no problem with AdSense or custom ads.

For example: I own around 30 domain names with around 10 active websites in various industries. For my hobby reptile stuff.... www.myfirstpetsnake.com is an example of a site that is information only (and is basically serving as a single page placeholder until the 'real' site is developed...so don't judge..ha ha) and has no direct sales. I run AdSense on that website just to draw from what little traffic it gets.

Now... if you are running a reptile sales website and want to earn income from random site traffic, but stay 'professional' and not run ads........you still have a lot of other options
    -Daniel Hill
    Facebook: facebook.com/hillherp/
    Instagram: instagram.com/hillherp/
    Twitter: twitter.com/hillherp

Thanks
    As long as ads aren't intrusive and are relevant to what your website is displaying, it doesn't bother me as a consumer.

Thanks
    Thanks for the responses. I'm goign to hold off as I did finally get an idea of what kind of traffic would be required and I just don't see it being worthwhile. If I could definitively cover the costs of the page, I might at least put them on the blog and the collection pages, but leave them out of the store area, but it's just not worth it. I do really appreciate the feedback though.
    1.0 Josiah - Super Pastel het SK Axanthic
    0.1 Abigail - Spider het SK Axanthic
    1.0 Moqui - Pug - Rescued from a Meth lab
    1.0 Winston - Min-Pin, Chihuahua, Dachshund mix, rescue
    1.0 Buddha - Gray Tabby - baby of a neighborhood stray we took in
    1.0 Precious(like the ring) - Siamese - Sister to above

Banned
    Thanks

Re: Ads on your site?

Quote Originally Posted by FranklinMorphs View Post
    I've got the ability to integrate google adsense to my website for no extra cost to me, and it might generate a couple bucks here and there to offset the site/blog/store/email etc. costs. I'm hesitant to add much, if any ads to my site, I know it will really remove from the cleanliness of the site and may well bother some people who would otherwise be really happy poking around on my site/store/blog. I definitely don't want to turn anyone off to my site, but offsetting those costs would be fantastic.

Thoughts?
    Don't do this . 3rd Party Malware companies pay big $ for adsense. Your customers will see targeted ads which in general are a controversy in themselves. They will also be intruded by those ads almost everyone hates; "Doctors Hate Him", "Miracle Fruit", "Are You 58? Check This New House Insurance Act". Most who are smart will immediately click off your website if you have ads such as this. Overall it will bring the quality of your website tremendously down and might even affect future customers. So those short term bucks in ads won't be worth the long term damage to the site.