Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,926

1 members and 2,925 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Collection introduction

For those of you who didn't see my introduction post a couple months back, I'll make this one a little semi-formal introduction for myself and my beautiful little creatures.

I'm Chelsea, born and raised in Florida. Growing up my idol/hero was and still is Steve Irwin so as a little kid I had no fear of the more creepy crawly type critters I found in my back yard, much to my mother's dismay. I'm a little bit of a genetics fanatic, I love love studying genetics and figuring out which combination of genes will produce a certain variation in appearance. While in high school I had my own gerbil breeding kennel and even won a couple of classes at a show put on by the AGS. I owned a ball python growing up but when I moved out to go to college I ended up giving her to a friend who has several of his own. I've been wanting to own reptiles again for quite some time.

Just recently I aquired a new ball python and was bit by the bug all over. Somehow 1 snake became 7 snakes and I'm sure the number will grow over time. I'd like to start up my own breeding program down the road, my cousin had one for years and it always inspired me to do the same (and it's an opportunity to play around with a whole new type of genetics versus gerbil genetics and that just excited the crap out of me). So hopefully once all my little guys get to size, you'll be seeing some clutches and hatchling from me.

Until than, I'm just going to enjoy these beautiful snakes and I hope you all enjoy the pictures as well.

First, meet Gwen. She's was the first of my ball pythons, a bit of a rescue from craigslist, so to speak. Some guy was giving her away because his kid got bored with her and wasn't taking care of her. She had horrible stuck shed and was very thin. She's just a normal girl but I adore this girl. She by far as the most personality of any of my snakes. And she's an absolute pig when it comes to food. She's gained a decent amount of weight since I got her so you can no longer see her spine Like before. I don't have any super recent pictures of her, only this one for now.

Next is my butter female. I actually won her in an auction from Breeders circle. She's a bit of a goof now that she's warmed up to me and her new home but for a while she stayed constantly rolled up in a tight ball. Figured the stress of shipping bothered her.

Next is my albino girl. Growing up I always wanted an albino ball python, I thought they were the most beautiful of all the morphs. I just never had the money for one. Ha, not anymore! This girl is perfect in my eyes, I have lots of plans for her down the road.

Next is my gorgeous pastel piebald gal. I saw this girl for sale an absolutely had to have her. I have lots of big plans with her down the road, I'm planning on having a couple of pied projects and obviously this girl will be in the center of it. Her breeder thinks she may be super pastel because of how bright she is, so if anyone has an opinions on that, I'd appreciate it. She's currently getting ready to shed soon so her color isn't as bright as usual. Still pretty though.

The last of my girls is this grumpy gal, Bindi. She is beyond feisty and has tried to strike me at least a dozen times since I got her, so I've given her a little space so she can adjust to her new environment. She's a Superfly female and the absolute Apple of my eye. On my opinion, the opportunities are endless with her, not to mention she's just gorgeous to look at. She wasn't happy about me taking her out of her cage so I only have a quick picture of her being grumpy inside it. She's gorgeous!

The first of my boys is this Banana spider dork whom my boyfriend named Forrest Gump. He has a pretty noticeable wobble and it just makes him look so goofy at times. He's a super sweet little guy and was the first of my new babies that I got. I LOVE anything with banana genes in it, so I knew I wanted a banana animal somewhere. Saw his ad and liked the price so i snatched him up. (sorry the sun flushed out his coloring)

Last is my albino stinger bee boy. He's the most outgoing of all the little ones and I LOVE his colors. I honestly want to pair him with my pied girl and get some double het hatchlings and work on albino piebald down the road. But all in good time.

So, that's all for now! As they grow I'll post more updated pictures and I'm sure I'll be adding more to my collection eventually, especially every time I log on here and see all the beautiful morph possibilities. I have lots of plans for my own little breeding project and I think i have a fairly decent start. Hope you all enjoy!
    Bellissimo Ball Pythons

0.1 Normal
    0.1 Pastel Piebald
    0.1 SuperFly
    0.1 GHI
    0.1 Albino
    1.0 Albino Stinger
    1.0 Banana Spider
    1.0 Pastel Savannah
    1.0 Pastel 66% Het Pied

More coming soon...I'm sure.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ChelseaV For This Useful Post:

AllThatInThemGenes (10-20-2015),Ax01 (10-21-2015),BWB (10-21-2015),guanagator (10-26-2015),h00blah (10-20-2015),nightwolfsnow (10-20-2015),ratchet (10-21-2015),Reinz (10-20-2015)

Thanks

Re: Collection introduction

Beautiful collection you have Chelsea! How long until your butter female finally calmed down and relaxed for you?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stearns84 For This Useful Post:

ChelseaV (10-20-2015)

BPnet Veteran AllThatInThemGenes's Avatar
    Thanks

Great looking collection! really love that tiny pastel pied and the albino stinger!!
    Balls
    1.0 Banana Super Blast
    1.0 Super Pastel Lesser Pinstripe Enchi
    1.0 Lesser GHI Mojave
    1.0 Banana
    1.0 Pastel OD
    2.0 Banana Spider
    2.1 Spider
    0.1 Black Pastel
    0.1 Queen Bee
    0.1 Chocolate
    0.1 Savanah
    0.1 Bumble Bee
    0.3 Mojave
    1.1 Pieds
    1.1 Albinos
    0.2 Het Albino
    0.2 Cinn
    0.6 Normals
    0.3 Lessers Other: 0.3 Cats - 0.1 Extremely Patient Fiancee

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AllThatInThemGenes For This Useful Post:

ChelseaV (10-20-2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stearns84 View Post
    Beautiful collection you have Chelsea! How long until your butter female finally calmed down and relaxed for you?
    Thank you!
    I left her alone the first week I got her and after that I started slowly handling her. At first she was a little skittish but after about 5 minutes out she warms up and liked to explore.
    Last edited by ChelseaV; 10-20-2015 at 11:10 AM.
    Bellissimo Ball Pythons

0.1 Normal
    0.1 Pastel Piebald
    0.1 SuperFly
    0.1 GHI
    0.1 Albino
    1.0 Albino Stinger
    1.0 Banana Spider
    1.0 Pastel Savannah
    1.0 Pastel 66% Het Pied

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AllThatInThemGenes View Post
    Great looking collection! really love that tiny pastel pied and the albino stinger!!
    Thank you!
    Yeah, the little pastel is the smallest of the group. She can be a little shy still but she's a sweet little thing.
    Bellissimo Ball Pythons

0.1 Normal
    0.1 Pastel Piebald
    0.1 SuperFly
    0.1 GHI
    0.1 Albino
    1.0 Albino Stinger
    1.0 Banana Spider
    1.0 Pastel Savannah
    1.0 Pastel 66% Het Pied

Thanks

Nice bunch of BPs there!

Dave
    1.0 Banana Siagi (Butters) - 1.0 GHI Chocolate Het Ghost York - 1.0 Mystic Potion Sarge - 1.0 Pied ​Maine - 1.0 Normal Tucker - 1.0 Huffman ​Lopez
    1.0 Black Pastel Mojave Yellow Belly Church - 1.0 VPI Axanthic Spider Ozpin- Butter Hypo ​Jaune

0.1 Super Black Pastel Texas - 0.1 Humble Bee CT - 0.1 Pied Carolina - 0.1 Killer Bee Sheila - 0.1 Black Pastel Ghost Pinstripe Coco - 0.1 Pastel Yang - 0.1 Spider Nora - 0.2 Lesser Huffman Pyrrha/FILSS
    0.1 Pastel Yellow Belly Sally - 0.1 Pastel Orange Ghost Kaikaina - 0.1 VPI Axanthic Cinder - 0.1 Banana Cinnamon Kimball - 0.1 Shatter Spider​ Octavia - 0.1 The Red Gene Lemons

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AKA Dave For This Useful Post:

ChelseaV (10-20-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts
    You have an awesome collection to be proud of.

I've looked at the pics quite a few times and just can't pic a favorite. Very nice snakes!
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Reinz For This Useful Post:

ChelseaV (10-20-2015)

BPnet Senior Member MidSouthMorphs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,267 Times in 833 Posts
    Beautiful collection, you have some amazing Ball Pythons.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MidSouthMorphs For This Useful Post:

ChelseaV (10-20-2015)

Thanks
    That Pastel Piebald is absolutely stunning. I'm jealous.
    Damon, 18, VA

Balls

1.0 Het Albino (Archimedes) (752g)
    0.1 Pastel Genetic Stripe (Ada) (198g)

"Ssslipperyy Sssnaakkeee!"

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Vanthios For This Useful Post:

ChelseaV (10-20-2015)

Thanks

Lovely animals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NobleReptiles.com