Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,543

0 members and 1,543 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,529
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

Two new pick ups from ReptiCon in Gainesville Fl

First, my day started out fairly HILARIOUS when I mistakenly picked up a can of butter flavored PAM(the cooking spray) instead of the air freshener in my kitchen. My floor is now slippery but I smell delicious!

Second, my day improved when, after cleaning myself up, I got to IHOP in Gainesville and had breakfast with 7 of my rowdy friends. It was great. I had waffles. I like waffles.

Third, I got over to the ReptiCon reptile show. Honestly, it's very small and if I were not a BP hobbyist, I would think the $10 entry fee was a rip off. But I was happy to pay it, since there were a few really superb BP breeders there and plenty to look at.

I was SUPPOSED to be looking for a black pastel, to go into my Oreo Blizzard project. I had seen some babies but I really didn't want a hatchling if I could help it. Also, I thought that perhaps if I bred my own snakes, I would end up with the next "step" in the project but I wouldn't know if I would get a male or female, which would matter in buying a black pastel too... so I was waffling.

I ended up with a larger black pewter het ghost female from Ben Cole reptiles. I stopped and looked at their animals a few times, discussed some of them each time and they were always very engaging and willing to talk about whichever animals i might be interested in and what would work best in breeding projects. I was very pleased to make a purchase from them. Very good guys.

Then I went back to the first table that I saw walking into the room, again, and bought the first snake that had caught my eye when I first arrived in the show room. I had come back to look a few times but it was NOT what I came to look for but I had wanted to add the gene to the collection for quite some time and the price was good and it was SUCH a superb example... so I bought a fire female too(hatchling size).

No thread is complete without pictures and this time I got shots of them in the sun outside before putting them up in their new homes.

I'm pretty stoked. I also got some cages to Art that I'd brought for him and then I went to Krispy Kreme and got myself doughnuts! The whole time until I got out of the city, I second guessed not picking up a fire male that Art had helpfully pointed out at a really low price. I had passed on him because #1 he was a small hatchling and I'm trying to avoid tiny hatchlings, #2 I don't NEED more snakes, especially single gene males and #3 while he was a very nice fire, he didn't compare to the girl I bought already.

And I may have a deal with another breeder for a fire almost breeder size girl.... the guy simply hadn't brought her to the show and I'll correspond with him about the deal in the next few days.

So today was pretty danged epic and I got home about 2pm so I have plenty of time to lounge about and rest. Or mop my floors, do laundry and clean the kitchen..... but we all know the lounging is more likely to get done.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wolfy-hound For This Useful Post:

nightwolfsnow (10-20-2015)