Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,301

0 members and 1,301 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Is live feeding really that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Green View Post
    Zincubus, please let it go...please.
    If you check a few posts back we were all playing nicely and a fairly happy place was found ...

Debby just wasn't happy though ....

I'm guessing that I'll get banned as that's presumably what certain people seem to aiming for ....
    Last edited by Zincubus; 10-14-2015 at 12:58 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts

Is live feeding really that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post

So I'm not casually going back on my word to leave the the thread - ( I chose thread rather than debate as its not a discussion because only one side of the is allowed to be offered .)
    I beg to differ sir.

There are positive and respected posts in this thread from folks that feed frozen, including me. The difference between me and you is that I have had a lot of EXPERIENCE feeding live. And I do not try to push my current practice of feeding frozen or admonish those that do feed live.

And much to your surprise, I have read at least one thread in the past where Deborah has said that she feeds some of her snakes frozen. Again, one whom had or does EXPERIENCE both types of feeding.

For some reason it is not getting through to you that you are not Credible on this subject due to your lack of ANY EXPERIENCE in feeding live.

A thread without pics just ain't right!
    Last edited by Reinz; 10-14-2015 at 01:12 PM.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Reinz For This Useful Post:

Nixon (10-14-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,669 Posts

Re: Is live feeding really that bad?

I'm guessing that I'll get banned as that's presumably what certain people seem to aiming for ....
    Being stubborn isn't against the rules. You do a fair bit of goading but that's not really against the rules either, it's up to others to rise to the bait or not - depending on their mood, a lot of us like a good argument as much as the next person. You really should think of rephrasing your signing out message though. Something along the lines of, "I'm done here, so long as nobody has the audacity to post after me", would fit your style better.

I can find all kinds of cool pictures on the internet. I could pull up pictures of zombies attacking folks and we can have a good discussion on how to best prepare for this inevitability. One of my favorites is the flat earth society - because we all know this idea of roundness is complete and utter nonsense.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to John1982 For This Useful Post:

Nixon (10-14-2015)

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts

You are in control of what YOU post. So why are you worried about getting banned?
    This is the second time in this thread that you have brought it up. If you want to leave then leave but don't look for anyone to beg you or anyone else to stay.
    Its your choice to stay here or leave as long as you comply with the sites TOS.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PitOnTheProwl For This Useful Post:

Nixon (10-14-2015),wolfy-hound (10-14-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PitOnTheProwl View Post
    You are in control of what YOU post. So why are you worried about getting banned?
    This is the second time in this thread that you have brought it up. If you want to leave then leave but don't look for anyone to beg you or anyone else to stay.
    Its your choice to stay here or leave as long as you comply with the sites TOS.
    I've certainly not begged anyone to ask me to stay .... No idea where that idea are from .

I've simply explained why I struggle to leave conversations as to breaking rules ...a lot of that is down to moderator's opinions.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Nope I am actually here in my corner laughing at the ignorance in every single of your post

Unlike you I am keep my promises and I am done with this thread (so no need to answer), you can lead a horse to the water.

Keep on doing what you doing showing your IGNORANCE by trying to scare people off based on ZERO experience and until next time....have fun because you are a waste of time, I believe people have made up their mind about you, so my job is done here.

One last thing didn't you mention you were an educator? You educate out of fear and ignorance? Good job.
    I definitely do not have a dog in this fight, and I am not going to comment on the merits of f/t vs live, but after reading this thread, as well as experiencing many of my own, I must comment on some patterns I have seen developing. As I have spread out to other reptile based forums, I have noticed an incredibly stark contrast in how moderators interact with members. It seems that on this forum, rather than oversee the threads and information presented, moderators are incredibly quick to name call, judge, and denigrate anyone who does not share their opinions, and are seemingly openly willing to quickly jump into a fight, and berate members. Calling someone "a waste of time" and disrespecting their career as an educator, as seen in this post, is absolutely unacceptable. I was under the impression that this behavior was not to be tolerated by members, surely a moderator should be held to the same or a higher standard. As BP.net was my first forum I belonged to, I began to think that moderators ganging up on, and disrespecting members was the status quo. Yet now that I am a member of two other forums, I have found this is not the case. Moderators on other forums are respectful, informative, patient, and do not enter into disputes on threads. They diffuse fights, rather than promote them.

I understand that this is a privately owned forum, and the owners can create whatever environment they want, albeit however hostile it is. But as a moderator, you represent the site and the culture that the site promotes. Engaging in, and promoting spats with members, and using disrespectful language only serves to reflect horrifically on the site itself, and those that own it. You as moderators should be setting the example, and the positive tone with which this site should run. I

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JoshSloane For This Useful Post:

wolfy-hound (10-14-2015)

Thanks

a lot of that is down to moderator's opinions.
    Yet again I will give you another link http://ball-pythons.net/forums/annou...t.php?f=89&a=9--These are the rules to follow. I don't care how any of us feel or what side of the bed I woke up on, the rules are there plain and simple. We as MODs only enforce whats written.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PitOnTheProwl For This Useful Post:

Nixon (10-14-2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoshSloane View Post
    I definitely do not have a dog in this fight, and I am not going to comment on the merits of f/t vs live, but after reading this thread, as well as experiencing many of my own, I must comment on some patterns I have seen developing. As I have spread out to other reptile based forums, I have noticed an incredibly stark contrast in how moderators interact with members. It seems that on this forum, rather than oversee the threads and information presented, moderators are incredibly quick to name call, judge, and denigrate anyone who does not share their opinions, and are seemingly openly willing to quickly jump into a fight, and berate members. Calling someone "a waste of time" and disrespecting their career as an educator, as seen in this post, is absolutely unacceptable. I was under the impression that this behavior was not to be tolerated by members, surely a moderator should be held to the same or a higher standard. As BP.net was my first forum I belonged to, I began to think that moderators ganging up on, and disrespecting members was the status quo. Yet now that I am a member of two other forums, I have found this is not the case. Moderators on other forums are respectful, informative, patient, and do not enter into disputes on threads. They diffuse fights, rather than promote them.

I understand that this is a privately owned forum, and the owners can create whatever environment they want, albeit however hostile it is. But as a moderator, you represent the site and the culture that the site promotes. Engaging in, and promoting spats with members, and using disrespectful language only serves to reflect horrifically on the site itself, and those that own it. You as moderators should be setting the example, and the positive tone with which this site should run. I
    You as one that likes to stir the pot should really think about what you just posted.
    You speak of other forums that you like much better, same door is open to you.
    I pass over many things and think about what I type because I know what my first response always is and most people don't like it.
    Take that for what you want but think about what you want to type.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PitOnTheProwl For This Useful Post:

Nixon (10-14-2015)

Thanks
    The fact that moderators let other moderators berate people, and they themselves are not held to the same standard as members is a disgrace.

You and Deborah hide behind TOS and take jabs at people. Nice job being the authority figures.

If this forum was actually about disseminating useful information, and not eviscerating people, you two would stop fights, not prolong them.
    Last edited by JoshSloane; 10-14-2015 at 02:02 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JoshSloane For This Useful Post:

Nixon (10-14-2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoshSloane View Post
    The fact that moderators let other moderators berate people, and they themselves are not held to the same standard as members is a disgrace.

You and Deborah hide behind TOS and take jabs at people. Nice job being the authority figures.

If this forum was actually about disseminating useful information, and not eviscerating people, you two would stop fights, not prolong them.
    I dont hide behind anything. You just like to cry about having to play by the rules and didnt like that the repercussions of your past attempted posts. We dont need to air this poblicly if you would like? I am nit hard to find through PMs..... Or the links below. Either is good with me.
    While on this site we all follow the rules and Admins see over the MODs but you should already k ow and understand that.
    If you have a real complaint then find a name in RED.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PitOnTheProwl For This Useful Post:

Nixon (10-14-2015),Stewart_Reptiles (10-14-2015)

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast