Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,120

0 members and 3,120 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts

Re: Is live feeding really that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Love MBKs .., now they DO have an appetite

I've got a beaut male MBK .
    I feel bad not having a food source for them but they were a gift to me from a friend.

Thanks

Ay, when snakes eat mice they give them a big hug, don't they?

Thanks
    Theres nothing perplexing about it, you just refuse to accept other peoples expierences for some reason unless its online and in photo... Remember the world is huge and full of many people and not all of them run to the internet to inform the world on everything that happens, sometime they dont talk about it out loud till the need arises like in these kind of discussion. Its your job to learn from others expierence on subjects you have no expierence with not try and argue your point of view

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M.P.C For This Useful Post:

Nixon (10-14-2015),wolfy-hound (10-14-2015)

Thanks
    Were all here for the love of the snake in the end. Pass on what you know and learn what you dont, everyone wins in the end

6. The Following User Says Thank You to M.P.C For This Useful Post:

Nixon (10-14-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by M.P.C View Post
    Theres nothing perplexing about it, you just refuse to accept other peoples expierences for some reason unless its online and in photo... Remember the world is huge and full of many people and not all of them run to the internet to inform the world on everything that happens, sometime they dont talk about it out loud till the need arises like in these kind of discussion. Its your job to learn from others expierence on subjects you have no expierence with not try and argue your point of view
    Again fair points ... that said I've just explained that in all my years and all the snakes that have literally passed through my hands ... I've never had one that wouldn't take df frozen mouse /rat , some even had df frozen chicks / multis as a treat .. yet you and some others constantly imply that my stance is solely based on Internet surfing ..

Thanks

Is live feeding really that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by M.P.C View Post
    Were all here for the love of the snake in the end. Pass on what you know and learn what you dont, everyone wins in the end
    I'd agree totally with that .
    Last edited by Zincubus; 10-14-2015 at 10:32 AM. Reason: efit

Thanks

OK I'd like to share a bit of my limited experience when it comes to feeding live or F/T. I, personally, do not have any experience feeding live rodents to either of my snakes. My new addition took his first f/t with me which his breeder told me that he was readily pounding. However, I witness live feedings through a good friend of mine that actually introduced me to the idea of owning snakes.

My friend has a few bps that only accept live. I asked her why she fed them live and wondered if they could convert. She assured me that they were only going to eat live because that is what they like. I asked her to further explain. She tried everything when it came to f/t. Heating, scenting, more heating but using a different way, zombie dancing, moving them to another tub and waiting another week or two, asf, etc. All of those methods gave her no results when it came to her beloved picky animals and she was wasting money. Finally, my friend gave in and gave them both live. BAM! Her snakes struck without hesitation and this is the method she stuck with from then on. I asked her if she ever had anything happen to her animals from live rats. My friend, then, gave me the run down of that as well. Since she only has a few bps, it isn't an issue for her to monitor each ones feeding. Her feeding schedule for them also takes place on a day that she is off of work. She told me that so long as I am there supervising and ready to intervene, my bp will be fine on live. I should have nothing to worry about. She even pulled out one of her bps that had a small scar from a rat bite and told me to just remember where that scar was. A couple sheds later, the scar was gone! My friend reassured me that bps are very hardy creatures.

My friend advised me that if I was going to get a bp, to remember that they sometimes do not conform to what we want them to do. They are animals with their own set of preferences and we just have to go with THEIR flow. I took those words to heart when I was thinking of getting a bp.

So do I think feeding live is really that bad? No. Plenty of responsible people feed live without significant problems. Do I feed live? No. I prefer f/t merely for convenience sake. A small apartment equals no room for breeding bins for rats. Am I prepared to feed live because my snake wants one or two or tons? Yes I am because of the advice and reassurance I got from my friend. Anyway, that is my limited experience on the subject of live vs f/t.
    0.0.1 Amel Cornsnake (Solis)
    1.0 Sterling Ball Python (Alduin Jörmungandr)
    1.0 Fiance

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MysticMoon001 For This Useful Post:

Nixon (10-14-2015),wolfy-hound (10-14-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,114 Times in 845 Posts
    Zincubus, please let it go...please.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave Green For This Useful Post:

Nixon (10-14-2015)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    You seem very defensive, aggressive and even stressed to be honest yet I'm nicely chilled and calm .... Interesting in itself.

Post some links to some rats , cuddling up in corners before they're eaten painlessly in their sleep and I'll have a look
    Nope I am actually here in my corner laughing at the ignorance in every single of your post

Unlike you I am keep my promises and I am done with this thread (so no need to answer), you can lead a horse to the water.

Keep on doing what you doing showing your IGNORANCE by trying to scare people off based on ZERO experience and until next time....have fun because you are a waste of time, I believe people have made up their mind about you, so my job is done here.

One last thing didn't you mention you were an educator? You educate out of fear and ignorance? Good job.
    Deborah Stewart

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Nixon (10-14-2015)

Thanks

Is live feeding really that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Nope I am actually here in my corner laughing at the ignorance in every single of your post

Unlike you I am keep my promises and I am done with this thread (so no need to answer), you can lead a horse to the water.

Keep on doing what you doing showing your IGNORANCE by trying to scare people off based on ZERO experience and until next time....have fun because you are a waste of time, I believe people have made up their mind about you, so my job is done here.

One last thing didn't you mention you were an educator? You educate out of fear and ignorance? Good job.
    Good job by you at falling to a new low ....personal insults !? Really .... Aren't you a mod ??

Deborah , Deborah , Deborah ...... Where to start with you my lovely ...

You really know nothing about me to be fair . End of .

You also seem to forget ( conveniently ) that I'm Aspergers and as such -prone to being obsessive ( should be kinda obvious anyways ) .

So whilst I had every intention of walking away quietly with my tail between my legs ( again ) each time I checked TapaTalk another person had added a comment that I felt needed a response . Simple as .

So I'm not casually going back on my word to leave the the thread - ( I chose thread rather than debate as its not a discussion because only one side of the is allowed to be offered .)
    Last edited by Zincubus; 10-14-2015 at 12:57 PM.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast