Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,293

1 members and 3,292 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

A Tale of Two Kings, Chapter 1

So, the snake gods unexpectedly blessed us with two tiny Kings on the third of October (long story). They have each had a pinky, and The larger one has since gained two grams, and the smaller one gained one gram: 14 and 13 grams total respectively. No signs of shedding yet. I thought they looked so cute while they were curled up digesting with that tell-tale lump in their middles - as if they were two itty bitty little Anacondas. They may rejoin their "Born Free" bretheren in the Spring, but the weather here has decidedly turned to Fall - I think it is simply too cold to risk it now.

The "Reluctant SO" has since come around. He even asked the other day, "What other snakes are your interested in?" And for at least the third time, he said, "I really like Cake. What kind is he again? We should get one like Cake."

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Lava Lamp

The larger of the Kings is now out of his small tub, and into a nicer terrarium. Not yet a perfect set up, but temps are good.

Fun to watch him stretch out (where is my tape measure?!!), and explore the three new hides - yep, one for each temperature zone. The nice old branch securely wedged in diagonally is ignored in favour of climbing the walls and corners. ...anyone ever stick little holds on the glass as if it were a climbing wall?

For now, he seems comfortable "on display" so to speak. If he starts spending more of his time in the hides, I'll add some more cover.

Wish my heat mat for the other hatchling would get here...
    Last edited by distaff; 10-10-2015 at 05:40 PM.