Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 924

2 members and 922 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Albino Black Pastel x Candino clutch

[IMG][/IMG]
    I believe the top row are all black pastel candinos and the bottom row the two in the middle are plain albinos and the two on the outside are condones. Thanks for looking.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Benfer For This Useful Post:

Aercadia (10-08-2015),Alicia (10-08-2015),benzite (10-09-2015),Mustang5 (10-08-2015),nightwolfsnow (10-08-2015),redshepherd (10-08-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 1,596 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I can see the black pastel influence but I don't see how you can tell the albinos from the candinos, I know that they'll color up quite a bit as they get older and it should be easier to tell. I suppose it's pretty easy to see the difference in person but my eyes can't quite pick it out in the picture. Very cool combo though and I'd love to see them when they color up.
    Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

Thanks
    Wait, Candy is a recessive gene, so wouldn't both parents need to be Candino to pass it on visually? Otherwise they're all Het for Candy, and either Albino or Black Pastel Albino.

Thanks
    It is compatible with albino. Double hets make a visual animal.

Thanks
    But OP didn't indicate that the Black Pastel Albino parent was Het for Candy, so the babies would only have one copy of the gene, max..? That wouldn't produce a visual for Candy. I know Candy and Albino are comparable, that's a Candino, which only one of the parents is.

Thanks

Re: Albino Black Pastel x Candino clutch

Quote Originally Posted by Aercadia View Post
    But OP didn't indicate that the Black Pastel Albino parent was Het for Candy, so the babies would only have one copy of the gene, max..? That wouldn't produce a visual for Candy. I know Candy and Albino are comparable, that's a Candino, which only one of the parents is.
    Candy and Albino are compatible,

when you have a Candino you actually have a double het. Candy and Albino, in other words;

A Candino is a visual double het.

When you would breed Candino to a Normal you'll get all normal looking babies that are either het. for Albino OR het. for Candy but you wont be able to tell the difference

I hope this explains it for you
    YouTube channel; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCue...yj1vBeeIUZVl2Q

Females;
    Normal 100% het. Hypo, Lesser Pastel, Super Fire, Leopard, Mojave, Pastel het. Piebald, Orange Ghost, Pastel 100% het. Clown, Normal (very clean and reduced patterned) 100% het. Clown, Enchi, Pinstripe, Black Pewter, Albino 100% het. Piebald, Normal 66% ph Hypo, Normal 66% ph Piebald

Males;
    Clown, Super Pastel Calico, HGWG, Pastel 100% het Piebald, Cardamon Fire 50% ph Hypo, Banana, GHI, Cinnamon 66%ph Pieb
    ald

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ARBallMorphs For This Useful Post:

das_nooblet (10-10-2015),wolfy-hound (10-08-2015)

Thanks

An animal that carries the albino gene is an animal that is het for candino. All that is needed is a het candy animal and a het albino to get candinos.
    Are you familiar with corn snakes maybe? It is the same as the ultra/ultramel/Amel complex.

Thanks

True. Albino and candy are 2 recessive, meaning, you would need it coming from both parents in order to produce a visual.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 1,596 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Candy and Albino are different alleles of the same gene. (like Mojave and Lesser) They each have a different look. Unlike Mojave and Lesser they are both recessive instead of co-dominant so they only express themselves if there is no 'normal' expression of the gene involved. A Candino has both albino and Candy traits. A Candino bred to an albino will produce half albinos and half Candinos but no Candies. A Candino bred to a Candy will produce half Candies and half Candinos but no albinos.
    Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MarkS For This Useful Post:

Aercadia (10-08-2015),benzite (11-09-2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Candy and Albino are different alleles of the same gene. (like Mojave and Lesser) They each have a different look. Unlike Mojave and Lesser they are both recessive instead of co-dominant so they only express themselves if there is no 'normal' expression of the gene involved. A Candino has both albino and Candy traits. A Candino bred to an albino will produce half albinos and half Candinos but no Candies. A Candino bred to a Candy will produce half Candies and half Candinos but no albinos.
    Ooooo, I didn't know they were allelic!! Everyone was saying "compatible", which is completely different... most genes are compatible, some are not (like the different lines of Axanthics), which was my misunderstanding. So, Candino has one copy of Candy and one copy of Albino, not two copies of each, correct? Meaning it will pass on EITHER Candy OR Albino, and if another animal passes on a second copy of either gene, it will fill in to create either a Candino (Candy + Albino), Albino (Albino + Albino), or Candy (Candy + Candy). Got it. TIL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast