Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,442

1 members and 3,441 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Thread: Color Change

Thanks
    I couldn't get a good picture of it to post, but Piper, the regular one has changed colors. He now has this chevron pattern on his back like Wilson (the flame) and has turned a dark brown from his first color of light beige. I just thought it was cool and wanted to share. What's strange is that Wilson hasn't changed colors at all. He is still the same shade of orange that he was when I got him.
    -This has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way-

Thanks

Color Change

You still have a while before they're likely to show their adult colorations, but it is definitely cool to watch them progress through their changes!
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries
    both of my cresties have changed color a lot since i got them, but the orange tiger has definitely changed more than the flame/fire one. it's really interesting to watch. when they shed they can practically change colors overnight!
    - Emily

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

The Snowman movie

In the daylight my crestie is a pale tan. At night he's a really dark color. I'm curious - when breeders lable cresteds, do they go by the color they are in the daytime or their nighttime colors?
    Ball Python, Bredl's Carpet Python, Kenyan Sand Boa, Saharan Sand Boa
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko

Thanks
    I think it depends. Some of the better ones (if they have time) try to get you pictures of high and low coloration, or they show pictures at low coloration and tell you that.

Usually they stay in a particular range of color, or they may show you pictures of the parents, since the babies tend to look like parent colors). I want to say that Swami was sold to me as a tan, but that is basically her color. She doesn't change much. She might get a bit of yellow orange, but that's it. Dreki is always orange, he just turns darker at night.

I'm still curious to see if Salsa is going to turn into a bright orange/red mix, or keep some of the green.
    Check out my gallery! www.schlyne.deviantart.com I am not really active on forums anymore, but I am on facebook.
    Please Click the Dragon eggs/hatchlings!

All of my Dragons can be seen here http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/48959