Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,964

0 members and 2,964 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Wierd Meats and Eats

I've had cow tongue. My anatomy teacher in high school was amazing and she brought in a whole tongue from the butcher, sandwich rolls and condiments. Sliced it up in class and cooked it on a hot plate and allowed us to make sliders. We got extra credit if we tried it. Didn't really taste exotic it was more the idea of looking at a giant tongue before she cut it up.

She was a wierdo but in the most amazing way!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    I just cooked cow tongue about a month ago.

Deer, buffalo, water buffalo, ostrich, emu, turtle, all species of fish(except fugu, but including stingray), sushi, rabbit, squirrel, dove, frog legs, tripe, squid, heart, clams, mussels, oysters(gross raw, not bad cooked), alligator(tastes like chicken, have it all the time)...

I can't think of much that has been mentioned by the above posters that I HAVEN'T tried, except no zebra, jellyfish or balut.

Soon I'm going to order a whole octopus to cook.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    i'm covering front desk at work right now. i took this mystery lolipop from our candy dish.

yuck!
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Had some reticulated python once. A friend got some recipes from a Vietnamese family and invited several of us in to try it. Quite good, IMO. Tasted like chicken to me.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I never thought any of my adventures in eating were wierd because i eat most of these things regularly when i can find them. Bison, duck, goose, goat, ostrich, tripe, snails, octopus (pulpi), squid, sea conch, turtle, alligator, sweetbreads, blood sausage, pork kidneys, liver, tongue both pork and beef, sea urchin. I'm sure theres more after all at my age i'm sure i forgot a few. Some i liked some were just ok, but i've never refused to try something new. Oh i forgot i even tried lambs brains made by a friend from uraguay once and he made his mothers recipe and they were delisous.

Thanks
    I think I would try regular muscle meat of almost any animal, but I can't get adventurous about weird body parts like brains and whatnot. If it's slimy or chewy, no way---I have a very weak (strong?) gag reflex.

I've had gator---tastes like fishy chicken, has a weird texture. I'm not a fan, but it wasn't terrible. I used to eat takoyaki (octopus) from street vendors when I lived in Japan. Also those crispy little whole fish they sell at 100-yen stores. And shredded dried squid, that's yummy. I've had cow tongue and liver, not my favorites. It's all about the texture for me.

I'll eat any fermented or pickled vegetable . I'm particularly fond of kimchi. Not real fond of natto though. Slimy, ick.
    Last edited by Willowy; 08-18-2016 at 06:03 PM.

Thanks
    When I went to Iceland on a school trip we ate sheep's brain and sheep's testicles. IMO it was better than the lasagna they cooked up.

Oh and when I was like a baby or something, my mum said I ate a caterpillar. (Does that count? )
    Snakes:
    ~Ball Pythons: 1.0 Spider (Corkii) --- 1.0 Mojave (Meeko) --- 1.0 Bumblebelly (Pringle) --- 0.1 Normal (Fraggles) --- 0.1 Lesser Enchi (Khaleesi) --- 1.0 Pied (Piper)
    ~Cornsnakes: 0.1 Tessera.het Amel Motley (Twiglet) --- 1.0 Amel (Wotsit)
    ~Hognose: 0.0.1 Normal.66%hetAlbino (Waffle)
    ~Boa: 0.1 Normal (Medusa)
    ~Spotted Python 0.1 (Unnamed)
    ~Bredlis Python 0.1 (Unnamed)
    ~Burmese Python: 0.1 Granite (Skittles)
    Lizards:
    ~Crested Geckos: 1.0 Buckskin Dalmatian (Rex) --- 0.1 Orange Dalmatian (Apollo) --- 1.1 Harlequin (Cosmos / Nova) --- 1.0 Extreme Harlequin (Dino) --- 1.1 Halloween Partial Pin (Pumpkin/Unnamed) --- 1.0 Red and Cream partial pin (unnamed)
    ~Leopard Gecko: 1.0 Hypo (Dave)
    ~Bearded Dragon: 0.1 Red Leatherback.hetTrans
    ~Ackie Monitor: 0.0.1 (Unnamed)
    ~Jewled Lecarta 1.0 (Wizard)
    Others:
    Tortoise, Dog, Tarantulas, Parrot

Thanks
    Oh I jealous you

Thanks

My household and family are all hunters sooo.. We dont believe in killing an animal if we dnt intend on eating them..

Deer (both white tail and muleys), elk, bear, mountain lion, bobcat, jack rabbits, cotton tail rabbit, squirrel, wild turkey, possom, raccoon, ring tail cat, various fish both salt and fresh water, dove, quaill.. Mountain goats... And the list goes on for us..

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jeanne; 09-19-2016 at 02:25 AM.
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

well i had my yearly serving of alligator this past Saturday. again at our state fair. this time i had it burger form.

it tasted a lil crabby.

Edit: they also a python-rabbit sausage that i didn't try. kinda like a predator-prey fusion. maybe next year...
    Last edited by Ax01; 09-28-2016 at 12:58 PM.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast