Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,843

1 members and 2,842 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Thread: green anaconda

Thanks

green anaconda

anybody know a good site to buy a green anaconda off of? so far all I can find them available on is backwater reptiles

Thanks
    Backwater may be your option since they have a location in California. Transporting anacondas across state lines has been banned by the Lacey Act.

Thanks
    only yellow are banned rn tho not green yet

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    There was a thread a couple months ago (I can't find it right now), with a guy who took his son to a show where there was an anaconda kept by a young woman. I can't remember the woman's name, but she also breeds them, and IIRC, is in CA. She has a few videos out there, including one with Brian Barczyk (spell?) of BHB. I don't recall if that one was under the Snakebytes heading or not.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: green anaconda

Quote Originally Posted by stanley00 View Post
    Backwater may be your option since they have a location in California. Transporting anacondas across state lines has been banned by the Lacey Act.
    Not exactly but it is limited.

Before shipping reticulated pythons and green anacondas, you'll need to acquire your membership verification letter from USARK. This letter does not need to be included in shipments, but the letter and email must be saved so proof can be shown to FWS should they request it. The injunction is scheduled to be in effect until a final ruling is made on the lawsuit. Obviously, anyone not concerned with these species should not contact us to be included on this list.

However, per the ruling of the Court and as proposed by FWS, only USARK members as of April 8, 2015 qualify for relief under the injunction. Our basic membership level is $20 annually. If you met that criteria on or before April 8, 2015, you are a member. USARK will verify any membership claims. Membership fees could be paid in the form or cash, check, credit card, volunteer time, services or goods.

Answers to expected questions: Purchases at auctions do not qualify. You are receiving something in return for your purchase and not donating to USARK. Also, the purchase of any raffle tickets, shirts, hats etc. do not qualify.
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks
    Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,669 Posts
    Assuming all your ducks are in a row, I'd contact Kelly Haller. I bought a green from him some 10 years ago and it was spectacular in every way - super calm too. I don't know if he's still working with murinus but that's the first place I'd check if I were in the market for one.

Thanks

Re: green anaconda

Quote Originally Posted by distaff View Post
    There was a thread a couple months ago (I can't find it right now), with a guy who took his son to a show where there was an anaconda kept by a young woman. I can't remember the woman's name, but she also breeds them, and IIRC, is in CA. She has a few videos out there, including one with Brian Barczyk (spell?) of BHB. I don't recall if that one was under the Snakebytes heading or not.
    That was me. Last I heard she is trying to breed them, but all the ones she has are her pets and she isn't selling any at this point. Her name is Meghan Kelley, her brother owns El Segundo Pythons, she may know of someone in CA that breeds them though. Every once in a while LLL has them for sale...

I would like to be a voice of reason for a minute though. Being that you are 16 years old are you going to be able to afford to keep/feed one as it gets more size on it?
    Last edited by jclaiborne; 09-04-2015 at 10:59 AM.
    SNAKES
    1.0 Childrens Python
    LIZARDS
    0.1 B&W Tegu, 1.0 Bearded Dragon, 1.1 IJ Blue Tongue Skinks
    FROGS
    0.0.5 Dendrobates tinctorius 'Citronella'
    DOGS
    1.0 German Sherherd (Timber), 1.0 Wolf/Shepherd (Sabre), 1.0 Chihuahua (Taz), 0.1 Chihuahua (Penny), 0.1 Pitbull (Luna)