Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,866

3 members and 2,863 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

My Cat Collection

I'm one of those future crazy cat ladies. But I'm only 21 and engaged, so I guess its okay lol. I'm a huge cat person, so I figured it was about time I posted here and showed off my fluffy babies.

This was my cat, Smokey, I got as a kitten when I was ten years old. She was actually a second generation cat, her mother belonged to my aunt, and my cousin took one of her brothers. She was the runt, and the only grey/white, her siblings were all black/white. A couple months ago she died unexpectedly. We think she may have been bitten by a poisonous snake. When I lived in the country she was an outside only cat and she never transitioned into an inside cat again. There was one scratch on her nose, couldn't feel any internal wounds, no vomitting. Yes she was older, 11 years, but her health was fine. She was still very active and a good weight. I was already heartbroken from my youngest cat going missing about a month before Smokey died. I've never cried so much in my life, she was my first pet, other than fish and rabbits that I had when I was a toddler. She was my best friend when I was growing up, sometimes my only real friend. She used to walk my sister and I to the bus stop every morning and let all the kids pet her. She had that huge female cat attitude, thought the world revolved around her. A great huntress, brought lots of presents home. I still come home and expect to see her napping in her favorite chair on the patio.

She loved licking plastic bags.

At the bus stop.

R.I.P....

When I left for college to go live with my aunt my dad wouldn't let me take Smokey. I figured she was too old for another move anyways, didn't want to stress her out. My aunt is allergic to cats, and she has two big dogs that are not cat socialized. On my way to school there was an animal shelter. I used to stop there quite often to play with the cats because I missed Smokey. The cool thing about that shelter is the cats aren't in cages. They're in a community room that even has a screened in patio. This was definitely one of those, I didn't pick the cat, the cat picked me situations. I liked petting all the cats fairly equally. There was a beautiful tortoiseshell medium hair female, that I'm pretty sure was my cats sister since they were both the same size and had patches where they had just had their altering surgery. I prefer longer haired cats, love the fluffies lol. But she had an attitude, wouldn't let the other cats get near her. Then there was this orange tabby who seemed to have an URI, sneezing and wheezing. After I finished petting him and turned around he climbed up the back of my pants leg and stayed perched on my shoulder purring while I was hunched over walking around petting the other cats. Whenever I would come through the door he would run up to me and want to lay on my shoulder the entire time I was there. Eventually my aunt let me turn the shed into a cat house, put a cat door in it. And Pumpkin Seed came home with me. He has been to the vet probably ten times and given 6 different medications for his URI, but nothing makes it go away completely. Guess its just a quirk he has. When I moved back home my sister refused to call him Pumpkin Seed, said it was a dumb name. She started calling him Pickle because his eyes are green. Then I started calling him Pickle, my dad tries to be funny and calls him Pickle Seed. He's the friendliest cat you will ever meet. Wants to be friends with everyone and everything. Doesn't care about food, just wants to be petted and cuddled. Even people who don't like cats love him.

About this time two years ago I started really wanting a kitten. Plus I figured Pumpkin Seed would want a friend. I put out an add on Craigslist and found a guy giving away some medium haired kittens for free. She wasn't tiny when I got her, but still really cute. I tried to name her Magic Pickle, inside joke, but my sister yet again lol changed the name of my cat to Baby Kitty. Pumpkin Seed loved her to death, followed her around everywhere. And she became best friends with my dad's shi tzu. She stayed petite and skinny, which made her super quick and nimble. My best friend and I couldn't get her to stay in the bath tub to save our lives lol. She was a total spazz, but sweet. Around four or five months ago my sister took the ac unit out of her upstairs bedroom and left the window open. Pumpkin Seed didn't escape, but Baby Kitty did. I was out looking for her every night for a month, fliers, craigslist and facebook adds, went to vets, shelters, never saw any sign of her. I live right next to some woods that I know have foxes. She wouldn't have known any better. It still rips me up to know that she probably died a death that she didn't deserve, I should have been there to protect her, she never should have gotten out. It wasn't a loss that I was expecting for a long time.

I haven't really been the same since losing two of my cats back to back. I have an overactive conscience and always feel like there's more I could have done. Last month my fiance decided to try cheering me up by getting me a kitten. There are a lot of semi-feral cats at his work and normally a few litters each year. Most of the kittens get taken home by people who work their, their families, and friends. My sister decided she wanted a kitten too, so we ended up with a brother and sister pair Prince and Voodoo. A week later my fiance tells me another kitten that he has never seen before showed up. The mother of my pair had two live and one still born, but he thought it may have been a sibling. When I went to pick him up he was clearly older than mine. His structure was more developed, and his eyes had already finished changing colors. He was really skinny and sad looking so I decided to take him home and named him Black Magic (Blackie for short). Prince and Voodo have been doing great, only took about two days to socialize them to people since they were around 6 weeks old when I got them. Blackie had a set back, he was eating good and putting on weight until he started vomiting. I was trying to wait to deworm him since he was so skinny, but figured worms were causing him to vomit. A couple days after deworming he stopped vomiting and has caught up to the other two in weight. Prince and Voodo's mom is mostly white with a couple black patches named Poptart. Poptart's mom is a mostly white calico named Spanky. Poptart's dad is probably the big orange tom that is the dominant male of that area of the yard, and its possible that he is also the father of her kittens/his grandkittens since cats don't care about incest. We think Blackie came from another part of my fiance's work where the cats there are longhair blacks or smoky grays, but he doesn't look like he's going to be a long hair. They all look like they're going to be shorthairs. Prince is the tabby, Voodoo the black/white.

http://vid282.photobucket.com/albums...s/CAM00164.mp4

Didn't realize this thread was going to be so long >.<
    1.0 VPI Axanthic Champagne (Orochimaru)
    0.1 Mojave Bumble Bee (Gwnyvere)
    1.0 VPI Axanthic Coral Glow (Jiraiya)
    0.1 Hypo (Kisame)
    0.1 Enchi Leopard 66% Het Pied (Matatabi)
    0.1 Black Head Red Gene (Kushina)
    0.1 GHI Mojave (Tsume)
    0.1 Piebald (Tsunade)
    0.1 Super Stripe (Temari)
    0.1 Albino Spinner (Kurenai)
    0.1 Vanilla Calibee (Ino)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nightwolfsnow For This Useful Post:

Felidae (11-11-2015),kriwu (10-13-2015)

Thanks
    All the cats are beautiful! I'm a big pet lover and own a couple cats and always want to save more!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to EWC88 For This Useful Post:

nightwolfsnow (11-15-2015)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Aww, I love cats! The only catch is that I'm allergic. I wish I could have more, but I can barely tolerate our little shorthair. I can only pet her a for a minute or two before I get all stuffed up... Oh well. Cats are still great animals. They definitely liven up a house. The little ones are adorable, especially Prince.
    Last edited by Penultimate; 11-11-2015 at 01:55 AM.
    0.1 Onyx Pastel
    0.1 Bumblebee Het Red Axanthic
    0.1 Cinnamon Fire
    0.1 Mahogany
    0.1 Mojave Bumblebee
    0.1 Super Pastel Pinstripe
    0.1 Super Pastel Spinner
    0.1 Sherbert Fly
    0.1 Calico
    0.1 Mojave
    1.0 SuperFly
    1.0 Enchi Lesser Spider (possible pastel)
    1.0 Pastel Vanilla
    1.0 GHI Het Red Axanthic

0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa
    1.0 Albino Corn Snake ("temporarily" caring for him)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Penultimate For This Useful Post:

nightwolfsnow (11-15-2015)

Thanks
    I didn't realize anyone had replied to this lol, sorry guys. I actually have a 5th cat now! I need to post updated pictures.
    0.1 Hypo (Kisame)
    0.1 GHI Mojave (Tsume)
    0.1 Piebald (Tsunade)

Thanks
    So the new cat is Hex, a medium haired russian blue mix. We had to go in the pet store and I was joking around saying we can look at the cats they have for adoption. My fiance said no more cats. Not two minutes after we were looking at the cats he asked if I wanted one. I was pretty confused, but I'm not going to say no to another cat lol. That's how we ended up with Hex. Voodoo did not like her at all at first, probably because she was used to being the only female. She hissed, growled, and ran away from her for a few weeks. Prince follows Voodoo's lead, so he was wary of her too. Blackie walked right up to Hex and started rubbing on her, he loves adult cats. Pumpkin Seed and Hex became friends right away too. I think he's glad to have someone older to relax with.

Blackie started to develop roaning which is pretty neat. It started on his face/head and then progressed to his whole body.

And then some random pictures.

Last edited by nightwolfsnow; 11-15-2015 at 09:39 PM.
    0.1 Hypo (Kisame)
    0.1 GHI Mojave (Tsume)
    0.1 Piebald (Tsunade)