Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,748

1 members and 2,747 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks
    I can't believe this.. this is my third animal that is sick now. I wonder if it's me.. or just a real nasty coincidence.

I have a male jackson's chameleon. I've had him for around 6-7 months. From the beginning he was a good feeder, and I've seen him drink on numerous occasions. He is in a 22gal screened enclosure, with a ficus and a schefflera plant which the dripper drops his water onto. It is of course refilled daily. He also has a UV bulb, and several climbing branches all over his habitat. He is not handled much at all as I know they are easily stressed.

As the weather turned colder, he was showing little interest in his food. I know they can be picky about what they eat, so I've tried crickets, mealworms/beetles, superworms, waxworms, potato bugs (roly polys), and houseflies. Now, he wil ALWAYS eat a housefly when we catch it. I suppose it's constant movement captures his interest.

I fed him one three days ago. The day after, I found it regurgitated on the cage floor. Since then, he hasn't eaten anything. His ribs are showing too.. he hasn't eaten much lately at all. But before I fed him the fly, I had gotten him to eat crickets for several days consistently.

The worst part is that yesterday I saw him in the middle of the day, with his eyes closed. A bad sign. And today he's doing the same thing, but both of his front feet are off of the branch, and are hanging down.

I can't get him to the vet until tomorrow.. he looks so awful. Any ideas as to what's wrong here?

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Thanks
    Are you sure you don't have a mite infestation? It's awful unusual for so many animals to fall sick in such a short span of time unless they're all exposed to an adverse condition of some sort. I am no cham expert at all, but I would strongly suggest getting him to the vet and mentioning the others while you're there. Maybe you've had a recent visit from pest control or something?
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks

Re: BaBiEs!!!!! (dial-up warning)

Woud I be able to see the mites on him? I don't really know what to look for. How do I get rid of them if I have them?

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/