Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,282

0 members and 1,282 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New pickups!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

New pickups!

I just got back from an expo a few hours ago and came back with some new snakes.

First one is this gorgeous 2015 calico female from HDI Reptiles. She was from a pastel calico to normal pairing. This was her in her deli cup. So small!

This girl weighed in at seventy-four grams. It's going to be awesome watching her grow.

She comes with a little bonus! Beautiful ringer on her tail. Can't go wrong with a nice ringer. My dad asked me why I was buying a baby single gene female. I didn't say anything, just showed him the tail. His response was, "Oh! Oh, ok. I get it now. Alright. Yeah, that's a nice snake." Anyway, I like calico ball pythons, so this is just the icing on the cake for me!

One last quick shot before I put her in her tub. Nice view of her tail.

Next one is the full sister to my calico, also from HDI. This snake isn't actually mine, but I'll take care of her. My mom decided to buy herself a snake. Yes, my mom. She had a snake ban in our house until last year. She bought a snake. It's kind of difficult to wrap my head around! Now both of my parents own snakes. We officially have a snake household! This is a teeny tiny pastel calico female named Saffron.

She weighed in at just sixty-seven grams! I can't believe how little this girl is. I'm really hoping she starts eating right away and there's some weight gain soon. I'm always a bit nervous about snakes under one hundred grams, they're just so small and fragile looking. All of the other snakes I've received from this breeder are doing great, though, so I don't think I have anything to worry about.

Last but not least is this gorgeous goofball. Her name is Jylla (haven't decided on spelling, but I'm pronouncing it like chai-luh with a "j" in front). She's a 2013 mojave female. This is no doubt the prettiest mojave I have ever seen. The seller (Alan Cole's Reptiles) told me that she was produced by For Goodness Snakes and is a gold blush mojave, but I don't know enough about gold blush mojaves to confirm that. Either way, she's amazing and I can't believe something this pretty is actually in my collection.

She ended up weighing in over one thousand grams. I can't complain! I was told she hasn't ever missed a meal. Hopefully she's a good eater for me!

This picture shows off how beautiful she really is. This snake is what I consider the ideal mojave. How do you make anything better than this? I am just so pleased with this girl. To top it off, she has a great personality. Extremely friendly and curious. I look forward to the many years to come with her.

I'm calling this an extremely successful expo. I don't think there are many things that could make it sweeter, unless all of the snakes start eating right away. That would make it a perfect expo!
    Last edited by Penultimate; 08-29-2015 at 11:25 PM.
    0.1 Onyx Pastel
    0.1 Bumblebee Het Red Axanthic
    0.1 Cinnamon Fire
    0.1 Mahogany
    0.1 Mojave Bumblebee
    0.1 Super Pastel Pinstripe
    0.1 Super Pastel Spinner
    0.1 Sherbert Fly
    0.1 Calico
    0.1 Mojave
    1.0 SuperFly
    1.0 Enchi Lesser Spider (possible pastel)
    1.0 Pastel Vanilla
    1.0 GHI Het Red Axanthic

0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa
    1.0 Albino Corn Snake ("temporarily" caring for him)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Penultimate For This Useful Post:

black06gt (08-30-2015),goddessbaby (08-30-2015),se7en (08-30-2015)

Thanks
    Nice pick ups

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigfish1975 For This Useful Post:

Penultimate (08-30-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,501 Times in 711 Posts
    that is definitely a nice mojave

6. The Following User Says Thank You to se7en For This Useful Post:

Penultimate (08-30-2015)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    nice pick ups!!! i like calico s stuffs. i m gonna buy a sugar combo one day!!!!
    1.0 superstripe, killerbee, OD spider fire, black pastel YB, black specter, pastel dinker, spider dinker, banana, banana cinnamon, enchi fire OD, fire dream bee het. russo, pastel superstripe, 2.0 firefly dream YB.

0.2 superpastel yb, 0.2 enchi, 0.1 yellowbelly 0.2 cinnamon, 0.2 normal, 0.1 black widow, black pewter, fire, lemon pastel, pastel, black pastel, bumblebee, spider granite, het. russo, super pastel, pastel specter, specter,lesser pin, OD, fire OD, OD fire het. russo, OD pastel, firefly dream YB, fire bee het. russo, lemon pastel enchi, citrus super enchi, super pastel enchi, pastel ivory, bumblebee dinker

8. The Following User Says Thank You to darkranger69 For This Useful Post:

Penultimate (08-30-2015)

Thanks

Re: New pickups!

Congrats on the new pick ups. I love that new snake feel!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cohazard For This Useful Post:

Penultimate (08-30-2015)

Thanks

Great stuff!

Dave
    1.0 Banana Siagi (Butters) - 1.0 GHI Chocolate Het Ghost York - 1.0 Mystic Potion Sarge - 1.0 Pied ​Maine - 1.0 Normal Tucker - 1.0 Huffman ​Lopez
    1.0 Black Pastel Mojave Yellow Belly Church - 1.0 VPI Axanthic Spider Ozpin- Butter Hypo ​Jaune

0.1 Super Black Pastel Texas - 0.1 Humble Bee CT - 0.1 Pied Carolina - 0.1 Killer Bee Sheila - 0.1 Black Pastel Ghost Pinstripe Coco - 0.1 Pastel Yang - 0.1 Spider Nora - 0.2 Lesser Huffman Pyrrha/FILSS
    0.1 Pastel Yellow Belly Sally - 0.1 Pastel Orange Ghost Kaikaina - 0.1 VPI Axanthic Cinder - 0.1 Banana Cinnamon Kimball - 0.1 Shatter Spider​ Octavia - 0.1 The Red Gene Lemons

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AKA Dave For This Useful Post:

Penultimate (08-30-2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darkranger69 View Post
    nice pick ups!!! i like calico s stuffs. i m gonna buy a sugar combo one day!!!!

try a banana/CG calico combo

14. The Following User Says Thank You to se7en For This Useful Post:

Penultimate (08-30-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    nice snakes. i esp. love, love your mojave in the leopard print bag pix. cute and goofy.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Penultimate (08-30-2015)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thank you! I've been admiring calicos for a while now, so I had to have the little ringer girl. If my mom hadn't decided to buy the pastel calico, I probably would've done it myself. The calico girls are going to be bred to my enchi lesser spider possible pastel when they're older. I love caliders, those two genes are meant to go together. Or I might have to get a banana... hmm... that could be an interesting combo, actually. Se7en, I blame you for making me want more snakes. Just kidding.. I already wanted more....

The big mojave is going to be seeing my GHI Het Red Axanthic at some point. I'd like to have a female GHI mojave, so I'm planning to hold one back if I hit it. If she doesn't see the GHI her first year, she'll also be seeing my lesser. I can't wait to see what all of these girls will add to my future breeding program.

I had to laugh a little when I opened the bag to see Jylla looking at me like that. Probably one of the best snake pictures I have.
    Last edited by Penultimate; 08-30-2015 at 04:22 PM.
    0.1 Onyx Pastel
    0.1 Bumblebee Het Red Axanthic
    0.1 Cinnamon Fire
    0.1 Mahogany
    0.1 Mojave Bumblebee
    0.1 Super Pastel Pinstripe
    0.1 Super Pastel Spinner
    0.1 Sherbert Fly
    0.1 Calico
    0.1 Mojave
    1.0 SuperFly
    1.0 Enchi Lesser Spider (possible pastel)
    1.0 Pastel Vanilla
    1.0 GHI Het Red Axanthic

0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa
    1.0 Albino Corn Snake ("temporarily" caring for him)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Penultimate View Post
    Or I might have to get a banana... hmm... that could be an interesting combo, actually. Se7en, I blame you for making me want more snakes. Just kidding.. I already wanted more....

i took this pic of a banana sugar at daytona last weekend

that's an amazing looking snake that you can produce w/o breaking the bank in order to do so

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to se7en For This Useful Post:

goddessbaby (08-30-2015),Penultimate (08-30-2015)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast