Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,247

1 members and 3,246 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,534
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Ok, so it's been a week since crickets and they only ate the baby food one time that I could tell. A few licks had been missing, etc. Anyway, I do see them sitting on the edge of the cricket dish every night though looking into the bowl thing like they feel that there should be crickets there to eat. Should I put the baby food in the cricket bowl? Would that make them eat it? Another option would be to take them out of their kritter keeper and put them in one that doesn't have anything in it and put the babyfood in there and sit them by it so they know it's food? Let me know if any one of these would work and any suggestions you all may have.
    -This has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way-

Thanks

how do you tell if its male or female?

are you trying to switch them over to a diet or babyfood? i feed mine mainly crickets and i supplement babyfood feedings. try mixing the babyfood with the crested diet mix.

vaughn
    you can't have just one!

Thanks
    I would try taking the cricket dish out and putting the babyfood dish in it's place. Also, make sure that it's a flavor that they like, mine love banana.

Thanks
    I have not switched to CGD yet. I'm still only using babyfood with vitamins and calcium powder mixed in.

Thanks
    Try mixing the CGD with fruit juice or nectar, or with the babyfood (they will probably prefer some flavors to others -- try banana, apricot, peach, or papaya if you haven't). I didn't realize you were trying to feed babyfood exclusively. Babies need a good amount of protein in their diet, and they will suffer fairly soon without it. The CGD or the gargoyle gecko diet is formulated for them and has the nutrients they need.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    I can't get my CGD to solidify at all. It seems to just be watery and then a mealy/crunchy sludge after that. I followed the directions on the bottle, but they don't seem to create what it says it will.

Thanks

Carson needs to rant ...

i just use a small baby spoon. mix it 2 parts water to 1part diet. mix it well sometimes i ad a little peach babyfood to it. it will look real soupy at first then it should become more solid in an hour or so.

vaughn
    you can't have just one!

Thanks
    I mix my CGD with a little less water than it says. It seems to make a better mixture that way. Also, I add about the same amount of babyfood as CGD. This thickens the mixture, and both of mine really seem to enjoy it.

Thanks
    Yep, it definitely takes a little time to "set" the mixture (half an hour maybe?), as I guess the slower-absorbing parts do their thing. You can do what I do and mix up a bunch of it and freeze it in ice cube trays (I use small ones, or you could just make short cubes) then thaw out as needed. That way you don't have as much babyfood go bad.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks

NO good on Feeding

I dunno that I would want to freeze the CGD. It might change the makeup of some of the supplements and make it less effective.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast