Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,920

0 members and 1,920 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Big Fat Lady Snakes

Since I let DH trick me into getting onboard the good ship SNEK LUVRS, we've fallen overboard into the deep end and everything is snakes.

I'm not even mad. I am IN LOVE with these animals!! But DH is a foof and won't join the forum himself, so he's put it on me to share some pictures of three lovely ladies that he'd like to get some opinions on.

Sorry in advance for potato-quality pictures. I don't have a light-box yet, so these were taken on a table near a window, with a light on in the room. I did what I could to make them eye-palatable and true-to-life.

Firstly, we have a "semi-rescue", a girl we picked up from another couple who decided they liked boas better (wat) - she was listed as a Normal, looks pretty reduced to me, and has some very interesting bands and connections. :) She also has some scars - previous owners washed her to "help her shed" each time, and was eating live... between the two, she's got some scrapes for life, but we still think she is gorgeous.

Top Down - it took so long to get her to stop running off the table and sit still for me!!

Head Shot - no don't take my picture, I haven't done my makeup!

Very Speckle
    - granite? Don't know. Pretty tho! Sorry about the window.

Next up, we've got our Dark Dinker. We don't really know what genes are involved here (hence, Dinker!) so if you lovely folks have any suggestions, we're all for them. We picked up one of her children, a Mojave, at the same time - I didn't get any pictures of him, but maybe I'll post some later... I haven't seen any other Moj's in person, so I don't know how he stacks up.

Top Down - sorry, she started running and I couldn't get her head to stay on the table for this!

Head Shot - you'll never catch me, I'm the gingerbread... snake. Sorry for the blur!

Comparison
    - Dk Dinker on top, Normal below. Her name is appropriate!

And lastly, we have our Light Dinker... DH is not sure that she's not just a reduced Normal, but we'd like some input. :) She looks a lot more chocolate colored to me than the others.

Top Down - she didn't run!

Head Shot - yes, I'm ready for my close-up!

Comparison - Lt Dinker on the right, Dk Dinker on the top, Normal on the bottom.

SNAKE PILE! - Lt Dinker on top, Dk Dinker laying on everyone, Normal's tail sticking out in the middle.

Thanks for looking! Opinions are appreciated!
    Last edited by Aercadia; 08-15-2015 at 06:14 PM. Reason: formatting woes

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aercadia For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (08-17-2015),Alicia (08-16-2015),dr del (08-17-2015),Mustang5 (08-15-2015),The Golem (08-15-2015)

Thanks
    You do realize everyone here on BP.net thinks your Dear Husband is Double Het? Right?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DennisM For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (08-17-2015),SamO (08-16-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Re: Big Fat Lady Snakes

imma morph diagnosis noob or whatever, so I can't help u there but they all look like nice, healthy and pretty ladies. i'm sure your dark dinker gots something going on with the spotted dorsal stripe.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisM View Post
    You do realize everyone here on BP.net thinks your Dear Husband is Double Het? Right?
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Aercadia (08-17-2015),AlexisFitzy (08-17-2015)

Thanks
    You do realize everyone here on BP.net thinks your Dear Husband is Double Het? Right? ;)
    LOL!! Maybe... But I've been using that accronym in nearly every post with reasonable context, and nobody else has questioned whether I'm married to a snake. ;)

BPnet Senior Member Solarsoldier001's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 785 Posts

Big Fat Lady Snakes

Thank god someone told me what it was. I seriously was so confused with the post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Solarsoldier001; 08-17-2015 at 01:57 PM.
    Boys:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pewter - Dexter | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Butters | Super Fire - Mr. Buttons | Mystic - Charming | Banana Enchi Woma - Gizmo |
    Girls:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pinstripe - Honey | Mojave - Maya | Lesser - Pepper | Calico 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Jewel | Normal 100% Het Pied - Hinata | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Aurora | Spider 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Betsy | Blue Eye Leustic 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Snowflake | Spinner Blast - Jasmin | Butterbee - Ariel | Hypo Butter - Penelope |

Thanks
    :| I wish someone would have told me that there was this much confusion a couple months ago... All my embarrass, thanks guys.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aercadia View Post
    DH is a foof
    I just wanted to say that I like this word. :|

AND you have glorious big fat lady snakes!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redshepherd For This Useful Post:

Aercadia (08-17-2015),AlexisFitzy (08-17-2015)

Banned
    Thanks

Imo I think you have 3 fat and healthy normals.....they really vary in color and pattern a lot... If im remembering correctly all these snakes are pretty new to your house...if they were from different people you should quarantine them for at least 30 days I do 90 to be safe..... if you buy a snake with mites or any other health problem you are putting the rest of your collection in the line of fire......its a lot easier to care for one sick snake than your whole collection....

Sent from my A521L using Tapatalk

13. The Following User Says Thank You to frostysBP For This Useful Post:

Aercadia (08-17-2015)

Thanks
    Wow when I clicked on this thread I thought it was going in a completely different direction.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aercadia View Post
    :| I wish someone would have told me that there was this much confusion a couple months ago... All my embarrass, thanks guys.
    I wasn't really confused, just kidding. Well, maybe the first time I saw it, but as you stated the context wasn't right. (Your snake said what?). Apologies if my joke was not well received.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast