Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,166

2 members and 2,164 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Ankle tattoo question?

For those who have tattoo (specifically on their ankle area), I'm interested in getting a tattoo in the near future, similar to this one and in the same area https://41.media.tumblr.com/451b77a0...y407o1_540.jpg , and my friend had told me not to get one that small due to it fading after a number of years. She said it'll fade into a 'blob' of sorts and wouldn't be as appealing. If I'm planning to get it in color, how often would you get it touched up and would it really fade into a 'blob'? The reason I'd like to get it on the ankle area because it's pretty concealable if I need it to be at times. However, that brings up other things like during the winter mainly, socks/shoe rubbing against it and then in the summer, it being open to the sun (which I'll put sun screen on, but not sure how much it'll help). To make matters worse (?), I'm an outdoorsy kind of person who usually gets pretty tan every summer. Does anyone have any advice or comments?

Also, would it be offensive/look bad if I go into a tattoo parlor and ask if my skin is 'light' enough to have color? I wouldn't plan on getting it then, it would just open up more ideas for me, but I would plan on going back for the said tattoo within a year.

Thanks!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Ankle tattoo question?

I see no reason why an ankle tattoo should be any different. Bright colors will look very nice on tan skin. I happen to be very fair and they look great on me too!

My first one was on the inside of my left leg above my ankle, and could be hidden with pants, boots, or socks. I had it touched up after 6 years.

My second one is huge - it takes up most my front lower leg and spreads on to my foot. I got it in May, and LOVE it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pbyeerts; 08-23-2015 at 06:39 PM.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Ankle tattoo question?

Memorial to my precious Penelope

Rosary with blue rose and Miraculous Medal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pbyeerts; 08-23-2015 at 06:43 PM.

Thanks
    The link of the one you showed would likely blur a bit over time. It would also depend on if the person 'digs' really deep with your tattoo or not. A deeper tattoo (or an artist who 'digs') will put the ink deeper, but it will blur, or scar moreso than most. A lighter and more delicately placed tattoo will hold it's lines better, and need to be touched up after several years. If that ankle tattoo you listed were to be mine, I would make it a bit bigger and not quite so 'crowded'. It should stay fairly clear, though :-)

And it's not offensive at all to go to a tattoo parlor and get their professional opinion about color. I would recommend, if there's any close to you, hitting up a tattoo convention so that you can ask multiple people their opinion. Because then you get answers from more than one source.
    - Danielle

Snakes are just tails with faces....
    1.0 Pied BP, 1.0 Crested Gecko, 1.0 RAPTOR Leopard gecko, , 0.1 Desert Pin BP, 1.0 Albino BP, 0.1 Leachie Gecko

Thanks

Re: Ankle tattoo question?

The smaller you go the less detail you can have. Bigger equals more detail equals better looking as the years go. Smaller with lots of detail will become a blob eventually.

Do this....shop around, visit some parlors, look at their work, and get opinions. If they are a little fast to want to do a small one with detail maybe they are just looking to ink you and send you down the road. Find a compramise between size and detail, get their opinions on color vs black and gray, and go from there.

Thanks
    I have small tattoo on ankle like here http://inkprofy.com/ankle-tattoos-ideas/ And my tattoos look good for 2 years. Also, tattoo can fading when ink is bad and artist is not professional.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Ankle tattoo question?

Quote Originally Posted by nicollin View Post
    I have small tattoo on ankle like here http://inkprofy.com/ankle-tattoos-ideas/ And my tattoos look good for 2 years. Also, tattoo can fading when ink is bad and artist is not professional.
    The thread is almost 2 years old and the OP has not been active since 08-16-2016
    Deborah Stewart