Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,136

3 members and 3,133 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts

Re: Ball pythons banned in New York City.

Wow! They (N.Y.C.) have even banned garter snakes and all colubrids. Any snake having or possessing the duvernoys gland, along with every other snake you can speak of that is of the family boidae, pythonidae, all constrictors, definitely the giants and all venomous. That's inclusive of the 5 boroughs. Not sure how this applies to Nassau and Suffolk County. Yet you have people with dogs and cats who allow their animals to defecate on the sidewalks, in front of buildings, and the streets and in business districts and won't think about cleaning up after them. Then you want to make snakes illegal when it's in my home and I have to clean up after him. What gives these lawmakers the right to infringe on what I do in my own home!!! I have a certificate of authority by the state of N.Y. to operate a live ," harmless reptile business" from my home. Also to vendor at Expos so I guess we need to start there. Hopefully everyone will join USARK now bc they are our main hope. I understand there has been new amendments to the Lacey Act this year that makes it illegal in all 50 states including the district of Columbia and Puerto Rico to have, sell, transport across state lines any "wildlife" including fish, reptiles of any kind , mammals. This is utterly ridiculous. It includes import and or exports of said animals and comes with fines and imprisonment or both. A garter snake!!!! Really! I will get the actual legislation and try to link it here soon. What a shame!
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Albert Clark For This Useful Post:

distaff (08-09-2016),JodanOrNoDan (08-08-2016),se7en (08-08-2016),Spikeanoid (08-23-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,948 Posts
    This thread has taken quite the turn from the forum's intended purpose of Pet Related Laws & Legislation. Please course-correct or this thread will be split in order to stay on topic.
    Find me on Facebook: E.B. Ball Pythons and Instagram: @EBBallPythons

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Alan For This Useful Post:

Stewart_Reptiles (08-08-2016)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Alan View Post
    This thread has taken quite the turn from the forum's intended purpose of Pet Related Laws & Legislation. Please course-correct or this thread will be split in order to stay on topic.
    Indeed and apparently some people still fail to stay on topic when asked

So since anything political (government, rights, constitution etc) or anything religious has no place on the main forum and should be posted in the Quarantine room to start with, this thread was cleaned up, for those interested you an find the spin-off here http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...ights-and-more

If you do not have access to QT please PM one of our admins (name in RED)

Any further off topic post made in this thread will be deleted and there will not be a third warning.

Now back to our regular programming.
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 08-08-2016 at 07:12 PM.
    Deborah Stewart

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Eric Alan (08-08-2016)

Thanks

https://www.fws.gov/le/pdffiles/Lacey.pdf. Moderators, if this link is not able to remain here can you please post it accordingly. This was what I recently heard of as a update to the Lacey Act but the dates on these pages does not show it's been updated. Thanks in advance. Also, have not received a update by email from USARK on this at all.
    Last edited by Albert Clark; 08-09-2016 at 12:40 PM.

Thanks

This page was also something that surfaced recently... Mods, please remove this if it's in the wrong place. Thank you. http://nraac.org/pdf/2012USFWS_LaceyActPresentation.pdf Please view pages 11 through 18 as it relates to reptiles.
    Last edited by Albert Clark; 08-09-2016 at 12:54 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123