Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,091

0 members and 3,091 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    BPnet Senior Member CloudtheBoa's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 620 Posts
    Her most recent weight was 422 grams, and I decided to borrow my mom's Nikon here to try to better capture her colors. I've found the Nikon is better than the Canon for the paler/orangey snakes when using flash. The Canon just emphasizes the red/brown too much in these snakes.

I cannot wait to see her new paint job, she should look even better; she's not looking her best having gone so long without a shed. lol (These photos are from last month, so before she went into shed.)

Last edited by CloudtheBoa; 02-11-2017 at 05:30 AM.
    8.3 Boa imperator ('15 sunglow "Nymeria," '11 normal "Cloud," '16 anery motley "Crona," '10 ghost "Howl," '08 jungle "Dominika," '22 RC pastel hypo jungle "Aleister," '22 pastel normal "Gengar," '22 orangasm hypo "Daemon," '22 poss jungle "Jinzo," '22 poss jungle "Calcifer," '22 motley "Guin")
    1.4 Boa imperator; unnamed '22 hbs
    3.3 Plains garter snakes
    1.2 checkered garter snakes (unnamed)

~RIP~
    2.2 Brazilian rainbow boa ('15 Picasso stripe BRBs "Guin" and "Morzan, and '15 hypo "Homura", '14 normal "Sanji")
    1.0 garter snake ('13 albino checkered "Draco")
    1.0 eastern garter ('13 "Demigod)
    0.0.1 ball python ('06 "Bud")

Thanks
    So she's still very much blue, but I think I see some color popping underneath! I'm hoping this shed cycle will be one of the color enhancing sheds rather than the color de-enhancing ones. Sometimes she sheds and she gets more colorful, sometimes she sheds and she gets less colorful.

I want to buy her some RBI hides, since Crona could use them after she's done, but I'm not sure what size to get her. I also need to order some more XL/jumbo hides for the bigger snakes.

8.3 Boa imperator ('15 sunglow "Nymeria," '11 normal "Cloud," '16 anery motley "Crona," '10 ghost "Howl," '08 jungle "Dominika," '22 RC pastel hypo jungle "Aleister," '22 pastel normal "Gengar," '22 orangasm hypo "Daemon," '22 poss jungle "Jinzo," '22 poss jungle "Calcifer," '22 motley "Guin")
    3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~
    2.2 Brazilian rainbow boa ('15 Picasso stripe BRBs "Guin" and "Morzan, and '15 hypo "Homura", '14 normal "Sanji")

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CloudtheBoa For This Useful Post:

BeelzeBall. (02-15-2017),Sauzo (02-14-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    Nice sunglow. Judging by the cottage cheese container, I would try RBI large or maybe XL hides hides. My 4'+ BP still fits in her large hide and she is 1680g. Caesar actually uses the large ones too and he's 5' and easily fits in it with a little bit of spare room haha. I just made Rosey and Vicky hides from dish tubs from Walmart. These https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite...Black/17011370 I just cut the top off of them to make them a little shorter to fit in AP cages better and then cut a half moon in it. Of course they never use hides now so it was all for nothing but I still have it in there as Vicky will sit on top of it sometimes.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks

Re: Female sunglow poss het anery

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Nice sunglow. Judging by the cottage cheese container, I would try RBI large or maybe XL hides hides. My 4'+ BP still fits in her large hide and she is 1680g. Caesar actually uses the large ones too and he's 5' and easily fits in it with a little bit of spare room haha. I just made Rosey and Vicky hides from dish tubs from Walmart. These https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite...Black/17011370 I just cut the top off of them to make them a little shorter to fit in AP cages better and then cut a half moon in it. Of course they never use hides now so it was all for nothing but I still have it in there as Vicky will sit on top of it sometimes.
    Lol Nymeria is only 422 grams and 3'. I was thinking more along the lines of a small hide box but I'm not sure of the real world size of it. Medium sized at most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~

Thanks

I think I'm just going to go with the mediums. If she's too small she'll grow into them or they can go with Tirel.

3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~

Thanks
    I use mediums for my dumerils and shes about 30" but I also got a nice layer of ReptiChips down so she usually combines the hide and substrate to hide in. I think alone, a medium hide might be slightly small for her. She's about 1" thick.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    I use mediums for my dumerils and shes about 30" but I also got a nice layer of ReptiChips down so she usually combines the hide and substrate to hide in. I think alone, a medium hide might be slightly small for her. She's about 1" thick.
    If they are then Crona can use them. I have no clue how thick Nymeria is. She was exactly 37" or 38" last I measured her. She still fits in those cottage cheese containers and they're 3.5" wide at the top 4.5" at the bottom 3" tall, but she has to really squeeze in them and they nearly burst at the seams. It's more comfy to just tip them over.

Sanji has the same sized hides and even he fits in them still. Lol Same deal with Nymeria, though, he takes up every inch of them now but he does fit into them a little easier than Nymeria even though he's a few inches over 3.5'.

I think Bud is in the large hides and he's 1250-1300 grams and they're very large on him. But I think I already shared that photo of him in one with you in River's thread. Lol

3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~

Thanks
    Lol I must have been a bad parent then. I gave larges to Vicky and Rosey when they were small lol. Oh well, they made use of them and seem happy now except Vicky is pissy now because she was supposed to eat last Friday but I have bumped her to 3 weeks instead of 2 weeks. last night, I left her door open since she was messing around. I then sat down to watch tv and when I looked to check on her, she was on top of the cage stack sitting on top looking down the back of the cages haha. I picked her up and put her back in her cage and she again climbed up top and sat on top of the stack. She was being a brat last night. kept holding my wrist with her tail and not letting go, standing up tall so I couldn't get her in her cage. Finally she got tired and curled up in the back of the cage and went to sleep lol.

On a side note, I'm floored how quiet Caesar still is. Its been 6 days now on that large rat and he is really mellow. I'm thinking I might get to Friday like this so I'll be able to just feed him a large rat every 10 days if this holds out. Or maybe even longer. We'll see when he starts being a brat.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 02-15-2017 at 12:55 AM.

Thanks

I do start the hides out rather large on them, but they haven't had upgrades in a year or two so they're really due for some. I'm still milking River's xl or jumbos which they are. Wonder how long they'll last? 9'? 10'? It's starting to get ridiculous. She first got her hides at 5.5' I think. She looks like she shouldn't be able to fit but she does.

I also don't want to take up too much space in their tubs, there will be a lot more room for larger hides in their 4'x2's. I want to get 1-2 more T12's by end of summer and maybe River's 8'x3'/8'x4'. I'd rather wait to get River's until we move though, since I won't have to move that monster and I might have a bigger snake room, depends on what we find. But it's going to be awhile before we move again it's starting to look like.

3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~

Thanks
    I hear ya. I'm surprised Caesar can fit in large hides with room to spare. Yeah I was going to do more T10s but I ended up just doing 2 T8s and i'll get 1 more next month. Then probably another one for the Pucallpa when I get him. Then later I'll just get 4 T25s for Rosey, Vicky, Caesar and the Pucallpa. I'm surprised also how small of a space a big boa can fit in lol. Most of the time Rosey is either curled up on the UTH side taking up about 1/4 the cage length and about half the cage width. Vicky curls up and takes up about 1/5 the cage length and 1/3 the cage width. Surprised how little room they take haha. Now when they are hungry, they utilize all the cage including the shelf lol.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast